OT Crop Dusting Question

John B.

Is there a demand for crop duster pilots any where? I know the wet weather can play a big role in this profession.
Also where do you go to school for crop dusting lessons?

Thank you, any information will be appreciated.

John

theres alot of em flying down here on the Tejas coastal bend spraying rice fields...i dunno if any jobs open tho...seems like there could be a better chance than most of an opening in case of operator error.

For anyone pursuing a career as a pilot, be aware that the main qualification an employer is looking for is experience. Unless you can get the federal government to pay for your flying time (meaning you trade several years of your life in the armed services in exchange), you can expect to work many years for peanuts giving flight instruction, etc, until you build up some hours.

Not to be negative but it seems like theirs a long line of wannabe pilots that will work for years for next to nothing to build hrs. If that suits you, good luck. However if you are really up for being away from home and want to start earning quicker I would look at truck driving - just an opinion from an old pilot.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back