showcrop

Well-known Member
My wife thinks I got took. Is $850 more than I should pay for a dental crown with no other work?
 
My lovely ex, who is a dental assistant, was just telling me that crowns go for $1100 - $1200 here in Upstate New York.
 
See why I'm leanin toward pullin the last seven on top and going for a full plate. I worked hard for all my life to raise my kids, and now the dentist wants me to pay to raise hers too. LOL its all expensive as dickens anymore.
 
Did it involve a root canal or possibly a gum recession in order to take out all the decayed tooth area prior to the fitting of the crown?

Did you elect to go with the ceramic cap rather than just the solid gold crown? Ceramic caps are a gold base with a ceramic outer cover to make the tooth the same white color of the surrounding teeth and therefore are more expensive.

Also if you have insurance and are using an approved dental provider then the dentist must accept the rate allowed by the insurance carrier.

I had one done last July and it was about the same price as yours. I had gum surgery to allow the crown to go further down the side of the tooth and it was the ceramic crown.

They have a lot of office help and office lease fees to pay. There was a dental assistant, two hygienists, an office manager, and a billing person.
 
I could tell you some stories. Two years ago I had an abcess so I elected to get a root canal and crown and was told it would be about 1600 dollars. Now I am 76 years old and half my teeth are gone so I thought I better save one or two. Then the dentist while doing the root canal says that the one next door is bad also,so I asked and the 1000 number just rolled off her tongue as easy as water. I turned out to need a RC also, now I am into 3200$. The crowns were terrible and didnt fit well and I went back five times to get them ground down. The last time I went she had packed up and left. Talked to he expartner and he agreed to fix tem with new teeth. I then had to go to another Dentist for new root canals ($2000) and to and endodontist( that JA***s wanted 2200$ but I told him I guess I will sue the dentist so he didi them for 1000 and hecarved my mouth up because the original dentist took too much tooth off. I now have 2 new teeth that fit If I live10 more years I will have spent 620$ per year. Never again.
 
Nope a fair price. I had several done last fall the year by the local dentist whom has always been reasonable and paid $850. Unfortunaely this is more than twice what he charged 8 years ago although the tooth material has improved.
 
Sounds about average. I've had a lot of various kinds of dental work, and I thought that crowns were the most expensive items.
 
In January I had two put in when they said that two of my molars were cracked. After Blue Cross made them write off about 10% the bill was $1,780. Only problem is I've had pain on that side of my mouth every since and had no pain with the crack teeth. Maybe I should have gone to that dental school mentioned above.
 
$800 is about the current price in West Central
Wisconsin. Yes, the price of gold is up, but
dental gold is not the pure soft 24 carot gold,
but is alloyed to make it hard.
I always get gold crowns.."so the wife can sell
them to help pay the undertakers bill"
(If the undertaker doesn"t steal them)
 
Ever meet a poor dentist?

We went to a apple fest in Gays Mills Wisconson a number of years ago. We proceeded to head for the orchards in stop and wait, move ten foot and stop again. My son was so overjoyed by a Hummer ahead of us a few vehickles. I watched my sons orthadontist get out of the hummer. He owned a few Vets etc. For probably in his mid thirties he must do OK.

I was told by a good buddy that charged me $35.00 for a X-ray that his cost on the film was 35 cents. Yea that was a long time ago as you can see by the price. My wages at that time was probably eight to ten dollars a hr.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top