OT digital cameras

Only a little off topic because I'll be taking pictures of tractors. Does anybody have a kodak? I'm looking at a z885 8.1 mp on ebay. The only complaint I've seen on these is someone said they go through batteries fast. Do any of you guys know anything about these? Thanks alot, Mike
 

Why are you interested in that particular model? Just curious...

Some of the newer cameras last forever on batteries now - my Nikon D80 went 12 vacation days of heavy picture taking on one charge...

My Kodak DC280 (an early digital) burned through double AA's multiple times in one day...

Howard
 

I take all my pics with my motorolla cell phone, Better than the digital camera I have.
pics243al2.jpg
 
I liked alot of the features especially the zoom, but if I gotta carry 20 pounds of batteries around it might not be the one I want. Thanks for the quick reply, Mike
 
My Kodak Z740 is not too bad. I've had it almost two years now. My brother bought a Olimpus? that has four AA batteries so it lasts longer. A lot is knowing what eats up battery power. David.
 
A FujiPics A805 is at the 100 dolar mark and uses rechargable Nickel hydride batteries for power and also takes regular Alkaline. The rechargables last a long time. Longer than the Alkaline. It comes with a charger, ans needs a memory stick XD 2Gb for about 30$ good 8Mp camera, and 4x optical zoom. JimN
 
Mike, buy the Kodak. Can't beat them for the price. My Z740 has 10X optical and 5X digital. I'm sure they have more now for less money. David.
 
I'm not familiar with that particular model, but I have an older model that I simply disable the display to save batteries. Having used SLRs for years, I use the viewfinder out of habit anyway. You do need the display in close-up mode, but it comes on automatically anyway.

I do recommend that you get a camera that uses AA batteries so if you're cauggt with dead batteries you don't have to recharge. The newer nickle-metal hydride batteries are wonderful. The AAs are rated at over 2500 mA-h.
 
http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/kodak-easyshare-z885/4505-6501_7-32415547.html?tag=prod.txt.1


Check it out on Cnet.com
 
pour kodak is bad in low light and seems to be typical of kodak cameras. I recently purchased a
fuji that is noted for low light pictures but the colors are not as good as I expected. Our son has a cannon that does everything excellent. (The fuji takes at least 500 pictures at 7.1 on a set of batteries.
 
I've had two Samsungs and have had great luck. Since I use one on the job, it's not unusual to take over 100 photos a day.

One thing to remember, gear your mega-pixels to what you intend to do with the pics, especially if you're going to attach a lot on a computer. The higher number of pixels, the finer the resolution, but the longer they take to download.

The camera I'm using on the job now has up to 5.1 pixels, but I have to let the resolution set on the minimum, 480x640 because that's all our company software will accept.

I tried a Kodak once, but took it back. For one thing, operation was too complicated for my purposes. Since I'm usually carrying a clipboard and camera at the same time, I need to be able to control the zoom functions and review function all with one hand. Also our company extracts the time and date the camera embeds in the photos and the Kodak would embed the date but not the time. It would show the time on the display when it was turned on, but would not embed the time on the photo.

The date (and time) are always embedded in the photo whether the imprint is turned on or off, and our company doesn't want the imprint on the photos that are sent to clients, but they do want the time and date recorded on our reports.

Like everything else, though, go with what works for your purposes.
 
I've got an EasyShare Kodak. It is really simple to use and takes great pictures. Price was right too. As far as battery use, the camera tech. at the store recommended I use lithium ion batteries. I've taken almost 700 pictures and havent had to change them but once.
 
We use a Memory Card with the Kodak EasyShare and you can store a lot of pictures on there then download them to your computer. They wiil stay on your Memory Card until you delete them. There's a man in Ohio that has a Kodak Easyshare and sends me pictures of the tractors his son repaints. Here's the latest picture. Hal
85onksz.jpg
 
Hello Mike in Ohio.
Here is a picture I took with my camera phone.
1.3 megapixal I think. All those high megapixal
cameras are usually better but by how much? you have to decide.
By the way, they all eat batteries like there is no tomorrow.
I use rechargebles, been doing that for years.
Guido.
id13747.jpg
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top