OT Hay Seeding

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
We are getting ready for this years planting, and I would like some input from you guys on planting hay. We have some ground that we rented, been in setaside program for awhile, thinking of No tilling in oats and then timothy and clover. Also considered frost seeding some tall fescue (cattle Feed). Have some other existing fields that we would like to "refresh" with timothy and maybe clover, (horse hay) What are yalls thoughts and experiance. WHat kind of rate for seeding for timothy Pounds/ acre? THanks in advance.
 
You had better get together with your county Ag. agent and your potential horse customers for the answers to your questions. Don't ask us as what we have to say can be night and day away from your local situation.

As far as horses are concerned those suckers can starve to death as far as I am concerned. I am tired of trying to please their palate and the mindset of their owners....................... I only grow hay for cows anymore.

Mark
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top