OT - Health Update

Tim PloughNman Daley RIP

Today is the big day as I am on my way to the hospital in an hour to get my Pacemaker implant installed. Heart rate was down a few months ago and every night since so cardiologist says it is best. Already have an ICM/LOOP implant since my stroke in 2019 so they will remove it and go with the Pacemaker. I'm still battling aplastic anemia as well since MAY 2021. Low iron/Hemoglobin was under control with my Henry Ford Oncologist but as he weaned me off the Cyclosporine, my hemoglobin also began to start dropping so I have been back on the steroid and increased dose of Cyclosporine. Symptoms continue but at least I don't have to get blood transfusions every week like I was before I got with a new Oncologist. I'll be under restrictions for 6 weeks min - no lifting over 6 lbs, no heavy activity. Plan on catching up with some reading - Craig Johnson/Longmire series overdue, and a few others. There are totes of a half dozen each FORD carbs and front mount distributors I could rebuild but probably won't as no need for any right now. Will be checking in daily.

Tim Daley (MI)

Hopefully it goes better for you than it did for me when I got my pacemaker swapped out for a combination pacemaker defibrillator type. They had difficulties and the stay went from one day and one night to five days and four nights, with no sleep and nothing to eat or drink. I have been back to more like my 30 years ago condition now for three years.

Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! And enjoy Craig Johnson. He's great! If you like Walt Longmire, you might also William Kent Krueger's Cork O'Conner series, which takes place here in Minn.

Colin, MN

good luck tim sending prayers from this end..

I tell my wife longmire is a good way to get down time. The Joe Pickett series by CJ BOX is a good one too.
Keep us posted.

ALL went well albeit that they were running 3-1/2 hours behind schedule so what was supposed to be an 11:30 AM surgery turned out to be a 3:00 PM one. I feel like I was slammed by a Detroit Diesel truck. LH upper chest is sore as heck. Didn't sleep. They took my ICM/LOOP out and it have it it my saved goody drawer. Restrictions include not holding cell phone to LH chest area and no left arm extending above head for 6 weeks. I recall back in the 1970's when Pacemakers first came out every 7-11/party store that sold pre-packaged sandwiches had a sign at the door that stated: MICROWAVE IN USE. Pacemakers would go kaddy-whompous with a micro wave signal. Now it's OK but as noted cell phone signals can be hazardous. Thank you to all for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Tim Daley (MI)

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back