OT - Heart problems?

Britcheflee

Well-known Member
Anyone here have any heart related medical problems? If so, did you get any warning signs - pain etc?
Thanks,

Lee
 
(quoted from post at 18:43:19 01/02/09) Anyone here have any heart related medical problems? If so, did you get any warning signs - pain etc?
Thanks,

Lee
With this crowd, I would re-phrase that to read, "anyone one here not have heart related medical problems?"

I have missed you for awhile & just this AM thought about your absence.
Hope all is well.
 
No, not yet, but if you've even got the slightest inklin you're about to have trouble I'd get to the Doc before it's too late! Not much margin for error here!
 
(quoted from post at 17:43:19 01/02/09) Anyone here have any heart related medical problems? If so, did you get any warning signs - pain etc?
Thanks,

Lee
b:76b57ac983][i:76b57ac983]

Lee; I've had, one heart attack, and 4 minor TA's. The heart gave me, NO warning at all. (silent HT) The doctors never figured out why it happened. No pain...and NO attacks since(4 yrs. ago)
The MTA's......slight headache, blured vision, and immediatly passed out.

Like jon, just told ya....Don't mess around if you think you may be having one(HT).....SEE A DOCTOR immediatly!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck.
Gary :shock: [/i:76b57ac983][/b:76b57ac983]
 
Radiant pain in jaw, left arm? sick to your stomach, back ache, swolen ankles / lower leg? and all the rest that has been mentioned. GET YOUR A$$ to a doctor or hospital....NOW, if not sooner.

Don't be freakin answering this either, get going. Anytime a MAN wonders, usualy he is , and there is this golden Hr. thing, only if the good Lord gives it to you.

Get over any moncho ideas, cause it can and will get the biggest of men.

Don't read any farther ...get going !! I make no appologies for this post either---men need to understand that this is real, not TV acting.

If you are having chest pains dial the 911, and give the EMS a fair chance. Good Luck, and hope you can chew me out after the doctor visit. NE IA
 
(quoted from post at 16:13:48 01/02/09) Radiant pain in jaw, left arm? sick to your stomach, back ache, swolen ankles / lower leg? and all the rest that has been mentioned. GET YOUR A$$ to a doctor or hospital....NOW, if not sooner.

Don't be freakin answering this either, get going. Anytime a MAN wonders, usualy he is , and there is this golden Hr. thing, only if the good Lord gives it to you.

Get over any moncho ideas, cause it can and will get the biggest of men.

Don't read any farther ...get going !! I make no appologies for this post either---men need to understand that this is real, not TV acting.

If you are having chest pains dial the 911, and give the EMS a fair chance. Good Luck, and hope you can chew me out after the doctor visit. NE IA



Nothing dramatic like that - just strange twinges in my chest - not all the time, just now and then but has been going on for a week now - gonna get me to the Doc to see what the problem is.
Thanks
JMOR - thanks very much for thinking of me - no posts as the old gal is under wraps for the moment - if it actually gets to snow here I have the blade ready to go to clear the drive.
Lee
 
I had a good friend who was a macho man. He begain having chest pains after he and his two sons broke up an old concrete sidewalk to replace it. He was a ham operator and had a radio shack in one room of his house. His wife tried to get him to go to the emergency room but he refused and went into the radio room to play. She looked in on him an hour later and he was sitting in his chair slumped back graveyard dead.

I attended his funeral a couple of days later. A big shock to everybody.

A week later on a Saturday morning I was walking to the road to get my paper and had a sudden squeezing in my chest. I stopped walking and it went away. I started walking again and it grabbed my chest again. First thing I thougt of was my friends death a week before.I came back to the house and called my daughter to come take me to the emergency room in Birmingham. Had a 90% blockage in one artery of the heart. They gave me the clot buster TPA and put two stints end to end in the artery. Took 24 hours to get the second one in place. That was about 13 years ago and I'm still here aggravating you guys and still working. My old friend is long dead. Macho!

Zane
 
I've had two "heart events" as they were classified by my doctor.
Tests were normal across the board, not overweight, only thing unusual was a slightly enlarged heart. All good since. Take some stuff to control my heart rate.
My ONLY symptom was fatigue. Felt like I was getting the flu or something.
Don't like going to the doctor, go about every five years or so, glad I went that time.
BIL had a major heart attack. His only symptom was also fatigue until he collapsed at a Fair. Fair had an ambulance. He lived.
Lost a friend back when I was working. His only symptom was a backache.
So, like everyone says, go to the Doctor. Might save your life, and if everything is normal it will give you peace of mind.
Rich
 
(quoted from post at 20:23:58 01/02/09) I had a good friend who was a macho man. He begain having chest pains after he and his two sons broke up an old concrete sidewalk to replace it. He was a ham operator and had a radio shack in one room of his house. His wife tried to get him to go to the emergency room but he refused and went into the radio room to play. She looked in on him an hour later and he was sitting in his chair slumped back graveyard dead.

Zane

I sure hope I go quickly like that.

I hate the thought of being in a nursing home, suffering, and dying of nothing.

I hope it is the 4 packs of cigs that I smoke a day, or maybe even the 12 pack, and the pint of whisky that I drank a day.

I'm not so sure that dyin' is such a bad thing.

Even The Bible says, squall at the birth, rejoice at death.

I just wish I had my will in order, but from the way my life had been, I don't even have a clue as to how things should be left.

Oh, freekin well!!!!

I need another beer...

Someone just drank mine.

You know it was you, you idiot.

You need to shut TF up, didn't nobody ask you.

Keep on!!!!

Don't think I won't.

You need to shut up.

It won't be cause you told me to.
 
Feb 1999, thought I had the flu bug, went outside to prune my young fruit trees , I came in the house with minor chest pains ,spoke to my wife that this flu bug really was hanging on, she said you better get to the hospital, my brother came and picke4d me up and took me there. A few minutes later nurse attached a blood pressure machine on my left arm, I thouhgt she had put it on wrong it was hurting ,sudden;ly doctor and several nurses are all around me preforming medical.
3 months later I was in for 1 stent, was checked just 2008, heart is in perfect condition.
Stan
1949 8N 8N179555
1949 8N 8N197904
1950 8N 8N254079
1951 8N 8N362039
 
The only "heart related problems " I got are remembering all those delicious girlfriends from the past,my wife is an about to retire (25 yrs. in) nurse, and she is always asking (after an episode) " are you O.K ?, my reply is " I ain't got time to die right now, I got stuff to do!". Heck fellas, I'd retire tomorrow, but I still gotta get my stuff done & EAT !!!
 
In early 2000, I experienced fatigue and disinterest in many things that normally get me enthused. Went and had a heart catherization and from there went into surgery. Had one blocked 100% and one blocked 95%. Had a two-way bypass. Came thru it okay and have felt better ever since. Never had any pain before or after.
 
Heart Attacks are very real and are occuring every of the day. As others have stated get to a doctor/hospital quickly, the Medical Personnel can and do make your life continue if they are given a few minutes to accomplish the procedures that have to be preformad once a Heart attack occurs. I had a Heart Attack 2 years ago last April, went to the hospital, at that time I did not require any surgery, made some adjustments to my diet, go walking for an hour every morning, make medical check ups as often as the Doctor say's to come back, everything appears to be going fine at this time. Lost a BIL (68) to a Heart attack on Nov.17/08, lost a Brother on Dec.22/08 instant Heart attack, Ron was 61 years old, cleaning snow with a snow scoop from the front of his garage doors. These are very sudden and at times you don't get the second chance. Cheers, Murray
 
Had a friend that didn't feel good. Wife said 'Go the the doctor.' He said OK, I'll just take a shower first. Last thing he ever did.

GO TO THE DOCTOR.

Ozlander.
 
Here's an odd one for you....

My father-in-law - about 56 years old, suddenly developed an allergic reaction to red pepper - lips would suddenly double or triple in size, itchy hands, etc.....

A week or so after this started he had the more normal flu like symptoms, minor "heart event" and ultimately had a stint and quadruple bypass. Once he got on medication and had the surgery, the allergic reaction to red pepper went away.

Almost like his body was saying, "Hey! You IDIOT! Something is WRONG here!"

Joe
 
I've had cornary by pass surgery and three stents. I never had a heart attack I knew about before I had the heart surgery but subsequent echocardiograms showed a small pit in one ventricle the size of a pin head that the cardiologist said was the result of a previous heart attack. I had my first recognizable heart attack after chemo and that got me my first stent. That one gave me no real warning. My other two stents were the result of some very mild angina pain and just feeling punk a few weeks after hernia surgery. Walked into the cardiologist's office because I was down town and he saw me right away. An hour later I was in the cath lab.
Cornary artery disease does not play fair. It doesn't feel the need to necessarily give you a warning to let you know that your artery is blocking up. If you're suspicious about your heart health, talk to your doctor about a stress test and tell him why you think you may have a heart problem. Don't try to be macho-that's stupid and can be deadly. And if you have a negative stress test, that's fine and good to know. It doesn't mean you're out of the woods on your heart but if they find an abnormality then the next step is usually a potassium isotope stress test that will nail down that you do have a blockage. The next step is the angiogram to pinpoint the problem. In many cases, they can fix the problem during the angiogram proceedure.

So many of us guys want to be tough and not complain when we feel sick. Let me tell you, that is foolish and can kill you! If you don't care about yourself, what about your loved ones? Do you want to leave them holding the bag?

My guess is that you have some concerns about your heart health or you wouldn't be asking this question. Please, for the sake of those near and dear to you, as well as for your own sake, take action! See your doctor and tell him what you feel like. It could save your life.
 
(quoted from post at 23:43:19 01/02/09) Anyone here have any heart related medical problems? If so, did you get any warning signs - pain etc?
Thanks,

Lee

If i eat sum'n loaded with sugar I as soon have a heart attack,,, just git'n over the 2 coco nut pies I ate over Christmas :lol: really I felt like chit it was the sugar for sure,,, I never gave it much thought,,, my Mom makes sweets for me but knows I can not handle the sugar,,, Well :!: my fudgen wife just had to make the pies,,, she went for the kill :wink: are was it that box of chocolate cover cherries ,,, dunno why ya ask'n but if yer experiencing uncommon symptoms it just mite B rich foods you eat over the holidays
 
Had a minor MI 14 years ago - no pain, just didn't feel right, so I finally went to the ER and they ran an EKG strip - followed by an angiogram that showed significant restriction in 2 coronary arteries. Went down to Yale/New Haven for angioplasty (before stents) and have been fine ever since - simvastatin, metoprolol and aspirin seem to be keeping it OK.
HTH!
 
I had two heart attacks, have two stints. Both gave different warning signs. Get to the hospital/doctor. The sooner the better, may not be anything at all. But if something is causing a problem, the sooner you get help the better it is for everybody.
 
What in hell can I say for goodness sake? You ARE THE VERY DAM__N CLASIC EXAMPLE of evey dumb freakin man on the face of the earth.

Dial the emergency room and ask the nurse, and then be very quite and listen for the sirens. Those symptoms could be from a gas attack, but what the heck do you want on your stone---here lies a dead man with classic examples----BUT not a freakin big deal????

EMS FOR OVER THIRTY YEARS, and if you wait don't expect some darn mirical doctor or EMS to change the situation.. This happens every darn day of your life.


Do you want me to paint you a picture? Again no appolagies for my rant. Any idea how many wives save their bullheaded husbands lives by calling 911, and taking charge?

I hope I AM very wrong here, but you can not take that chance, if nothing else put your wife on, I would like to discuss this subject with her!
 
I had a heart attack about 8 years ago. Had a feeling of pressure - sort of - in my chest. Next morning, I still had it, and went to the doctor. All you have to do is mention chest pain, and they'll hitch you up to an ecg. They called an ambulance immediately and got me to a hospital. (they wouldn't run the siren, even though I asked them to - I wanted to hear it) Anyway, after a night in the hospital, the sent me to Minneapolis, once again by ambulance and NO siren!. They put in a stent, and I've been fine ever since. The pain in the chest was mild, but not unfamiliar to me. I had the same feeling about 7 or 8 years before while playing racquetball. I was lucky!
Tex
 
(after an episode) " are you O.K ?, I guess you must still be a TIGER ! YOU DA MAN !!!

The old man married a 18yr old rich super model that had the perfect package.

After a couple weeks the old man was going down to the nursing home for extra activities with a very old lady.

The poor young super model just screamed at him wondering what those old ladies had that she didn't.


His words were... patience my dear patience!

So.. go for it tiger!

By the way, what the heck do you eat to keep ya in such a wild state?
 
Aloha I am a firefighter paramedic in Hawaii. # 1 symptom in men is denial. Oh it is gas or indegestion and they wait. Pressure like Chest pain, can radiate down arm or groin or to jaw, difficulty breathing like you are winded and cant catch your breath cold sweat are the biggies. With a MI your heart muscle is not getting enough O2 that is why you get the symptoms. Time is heart tissue lost So call early Please Ok off my soap box and thanks for all the tractor help
 
YMMV....what you described is very similar to what I experienced May-July of 06. Thought it was no big deal, took maybe a second of sharp pain and then gone. August 06, after a brief period of quick physical exertion, I had a heart attack. Left anterior descending was 100% blocked. I've got another, at that time was 60%, just waiting to happen. I've been told they don't "fix" anything less than 80%.

Yea, my younger days might have contributed but for the most part, in my case, its genetics. My ma's side has a very long history of heart problems. All of my "numbers" looked fine the day of, but it still happened.

I wish you well.
Good luck.....don t. .....
 
You are setting your self for heart failure.Do you have swelling feet and legs from fluid build up.When you sleep fluid builds up in your lungs.A stroke is worse than a heart attack.A friend smoked 4 packs a day, had given up drinking had several heart attacks and survived.A stroke took the sight of one eye.
 
Go to the doctor,he can tell if you have heart problem in a few minutes.A good friend collapsed at 4.30 am in his bath room.He was only a few hundred yards from a very good hospital but they couldnt save him.He was not over weight, drank very little.He smoked heavy for 40 years.He was 55years old.I noticed some signs of problems when he visited He tired easily and once when his cousin wanted to show us a spring he found in the woods that was about 300 yards down hill Whitey stopped about half way said he didnt want to go further.I know now that he dreaded coming back up the hill.His wife called me at 5 am to tell me Whitey had died.We had grown up to gether,quite a shock.His older brother had stents put in.Whiteys wife was after him to have a checkup but he refused.
 
I will add " Call an ambulance" if you think you are having a heart attack. I had an MI after playing tennis and drove myself to the hospital. Big mistake! Took forever to get checked in, they were more interested in my insurance than my condition, plus there was no one on duty in the emergency room who could start an IV. I had to wait while the doctor treated a drunk before he got to me. The EMTs on the ambulance will have your IVs started immediately and may save your life.
Quadruple bypass in 1991 and MI in 1998.
 
I had surgery in 1996 (4 bypass). Was tired all the time. Afterward, I was feeling real good, and even playing racket ball. Then I got tired again in 2006 and had another bypass (3). They tried Stints, but they didn't work. Again, I got back to Racket ball. Then in 2007 had a stroke. Now I have a defib/pacer, and take warfarin. No more Racket ball, and am always fighting fatigue. I think I'm at the end of the road. Don't know what will happen to my 8Ns.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top