OT/hey davpal

rrlund

Well-known Member
I just saw your reply to "Where are you from" post. Near the Ashley Silverdome. LOL That's a good one.I like that! Not too many on here know where that is. I deal with Hofferberts in Bannister all the time. Drive by the "Silverdome".
 
I used to live in St Louis, Mi Don't remember Ashley Silverdome. Is it a corn storage dome?

Jerry

By the way I now live in Cass City in the Thumb of Mi.
 
You've never seen the Silverdome? It's right by the tracks on 57.North side of the road.About big enough for a flea circus. It took me a minute to get it when I saw the post.
 
I figured somebody would have seen it or driven past it! I go to Hofferberts once in a while to get parts for my White tractor. One of the last good old dealerships in our area. They are actually related to some of my other relatives. The Ashley Silverdome is actually an old pump house cover that was shaped like a dome right on the side of the highway. Kids from the school always paint new slogans on it every year. For a long time it had "Ashley Silverdome" painted on it. We have a lot of low ground around here so those pumps are more common than I want to admit. I could use one right now on some of our ground!
 
I think its been there about 30 years. One of those things you get used to seeing all the time. Looks like the top of a silo and has a pump for water under it. Next time you get through here look for it. It aint going nowhere!
 
A good friend of mine got killed there in 1979. We had a late spring snow storm that plastered the crossing lights so he couldn't see them. He slammed the milk truck in to a train.
 
I remember the day of that crash. We were in school and a friend of ours was in school and had just become an EMT. That was his first call he ever went on and there was a fatality. He was very shook up over it. Was a very bad crash. That crossing should have some arms that come down. I go through there a lot and that train still goes through about 3 times a day. Things like that can happen very fast.I have come up on the train many times and couldn't really tell what I was seeing in the dark and fog until I realize that the reflectors on the side of the train is what I am seeing.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top