OT: How natural selection works.

Kelly C

Well-known Member
Seems funny that all these guys havent been weeded out by now?

<a href="http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d66/Kelly2215/?action=view&current=jack-anyone.jpg" target="_blank">
jack-anyone.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>

<a href="http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d66/Kelly2215/?action=view&current=Hay-scafold.jpg" target="_blank">
Hay-scafold.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>

Hey look got a new use for my hay.
 
<a href="http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d66/Kelly2215/?action=view&current=bigrock.jpg" target="_blank">
bigrock.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>

I dont care who my boss is. I am not going in that hole ever.

<a href="http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d66/Kelly2215/?action=view&current=truck-bridge.jpg" target="_blank">
truck-bridge.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>

I thought that would be a good short cut.

<a href="http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d66/Kelly2215/?action=view&current=booger.jpg" target="_blank">
booger.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>

Good thing I dont have a stupid habbits.
 
Looks like they forgot the safety rail on that setup. My wife said they should've made a pile of loose hay in case they fell. Hal
 
Our plant manager had a clip from u-tube that had eight guys setting in the die space of a huge press. It looked like a twister game. Every time the press stroked it they all ducked and squirmed as the press came down and struck the parts. These were our competitors in China. I wish those workers could really understand that the job they were doing could be done safely.
 
You do realize that this is the next generation guys. I hope they're not relations. If they are, time to start apologizing for not doing your job as parents/mentors.

If tigers eat their young, after seeing this I don't wonder why anymore.
 
I cant recall hearing of a properly supported vehicle with working jack stands ever fell on any one.
Maybe if the equipment malfunctioned or some thing like that.

Not saying you have to have the best equipment to get the job done. But come on, would you crawl under that truck?

All I can hope for. Is if I die working on my equipment. its because of some freak accedent and not from being stupid.
 
You've apperantly never seen a jackstand trip. It can happen. I've seen them go to that point before catching the rig with a floor jack.
As far as I'm concerned, if that truck was stable like that, then I'd work on it. It probably wasn't stable, but I wasn't there so I don't know.
Last truck work I did was changing a spring hanger and shackle the other day. That was done in the yard with a chain wrapped around the reciever hitch and the truck suspended from a chain off the loader. No way I'd rely on jack stands at the height I had that thing either.

I think that a lot more people are hurt because they develop a false sense of security from using various boxed safety solutions rather than simply using common sense.

Rod
 
My point is that there are some people will get hurt if you wrap them in a bubble suit. I wouldn't use blocks like are in the picture if I had another option. And YES I have seen jack stands fall for apparently no reason.
 
Hey I know what you are saying. Any one that has ever used a handyman jack knows about shifting loads.
In my view there is a big difference beyween what i might do to pick and hold up in a pinch and some thing I need to crawl under or on top of.

Take for instance changing a blade on my Brush hog.
Lifting it up with the 3pt hitch may be able to get the job done. Maybe even safe 99.9 times out of 100.
Not me. I use the 3pt lift+ 2 jack stands and a chain to hold it up.
That way if I am going to get hurt. 3 things need to fail. Possable? sure but very unlikely.

If I am under my truck or the wifes car. I have 2 jack stands+ floor jack and 2 3foot sections of rr ties one ontop the other. Set so if the truck comes down it lands on the ties and not on my chest.

There is risk in all we do. Using old farm equipment has even more risk than the average person ever has to deal with. I know too many who are missing body parts.
So be carefull. no job is so important or must be done so fast that it is worth your life to do it.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top