OT Lost another veteran

super99

I posted this down on the talers board, finally had time to come up here and post also. My wife got the dreaded 4:30 AM phone call this morning. Her brother passed away in his sleep sometime between 9 and 2 am last night. His wife went in about 4 to go to bed, and he was cold and already getting stiff. He was 67, Nam vet, had a hard time getting over what he saw and went thru over there. He used the booze heavily to get by, wasn't a drunk, he was still functional, but all that booze was hard on him.
Alta thought something was wrong with him for a while now, but he would'nt go to a Dr. He had been retired about 2 years. He lived in one of the St. Louis suburbs, the funeral will be in Davenport, Ia. and burial at the Rock Island Arsenal Cemetery. My wife and his wife could use any extra prayers you don't need right now. Thanks, Chris

Super99, prayers are on the way and condolences to any and all family members! I was too young (high school class of "75) to be in the military and with my hearing, would have been rejected anyway. Had some older friends/cousins in the service at that time and a couple went to 'Nam. Remember vividly watching Walter Cronkite, Huntley/Brinkley on the news with the daily "score" of casualties. I've read a ton of books (nonfiction and fiction)on the "Nam War and it's unreal how many lives were wasted over there! Hope all goes as good as possible for y'all! God bless!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back