OT - new horse

JRSutton

I know some of you guys like the drafts - so I'm posting.

My wife with Ruby - she's our friend's new addition. My wife's just playing with her here.

We'll call it a one horse tractor, just to keep it relevant.

My wife works as a teamster with this guy. Ruby's 6 months old, so she won't be pulling anything for while.

She came from our amish friends in Ohio.

Gotta love the long legs. She can't reach the ground without getting all awkward about it.

Wonderful personality. She's going to be a good horse.
a204567.jpg

OOOPS - sorry mean to post this in the tractor talk board - ... can't seem to delete it, but I'm going to repost over there. Sorry for the redundancy.

well... she is a tool although a fury tool that eats you out of house and home. She is also a round baler, and cutter conditioner as well. Just dont kick the bales on a hot day.

This is Doc. He is a paint Belgian cross. I would ride him in the local Christmas Parade. He was probably five in the pic. He is just a great big dog. He follows me around everywhere and is always messing with stuff. You have a nice looking horse there. Glad to see you handling her. Doc was six monthes old when I got him and he was not halter broke. We just about never got him in the trailer. All they need is a little time and some hands on. Again nice looking horse I have always liked the Belgians.
a204666.jpg

Nice looking horse with the paint mix. Nice to see a little variety. Seems everybody I know has belgians, and that's all I ever see. Kinda like going to a tractor show - and it's all farmall. They're all nice, but once you've seen ten or fifteen M's they all start to look the same.

I'm not actually much of a horse person myself, that's my wife's thing. She likes driving them, and works with a few friends of ours to do wagon rides all over the place, weddings, and special events, city tours. There's a growing demand for it since a horse drawing anything is such a novelty where we live.

But they're growing on me slowly over time. I can see the attraction. This one in the picture is Ruby, but she's not ours, she belongs to a friend. We have two - Blondi and Red. I'll stick a picture in here, but I only have one of blondi, not red. My wife's 5'10' - granted she's a little further back in this picture, but you can still see Blondi's a big girl. We got her when she was six. This picture is the first time my wife harnessed her, I don't think she's had a harness on her since she was broke at about two.

Let's just say I give my wife a LOT of credit working with these beasts. They're wonderful animals, but when they're scared or angry - I can't even watch her being near them. She always settles them down somehow and keeps things under control. I couldn't do it.
a205003.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back