OT Pay Pal again

Anonymous-0

Well, my son just got stiffed by Pay pal. He sold a go-ped on ebay, got paid with pay pal, and shipped it to the guy. He gets it and says it is not what he expected. My son says to send it back for a refund. Instead, he tells pay pal it was not what he ordered and they pull the money out of my son's account. Now he is out the money and the go-ped. After more complaining to pay pal, they tell him to request the funds be refunded and it would be taken care of. Thing is, they didn't tell him to request the go-ped back for the refund and now they say there isn't anything they can do. They refunded the guy his money and the guy has his go-ped with no motivation to return it. Son thinks it might be the only way to buy anything on ebay now. Just use pay pal and then complain and get the thing for free. What a great way to do business.

Yep, paypal is a legal theif . I messed up in my math & didn't have enough in my checking acct to cover a few tools I won on ebay . I called paypa right away & explained & asked them to give me a day or two to get into town to make a deposit into the acct I use for paypal to cover my mistake . But dear ole Paypal hurriedly ran each one through my bank 5 times each within a week . Now my bank & paypal say pay up or collection process . Also I now have over 600.00 debt to my bank . My bank wouldn't stop it either even though I asked them 3 times to close my acct to prevent it . Banks ,ebay & paypal are theives . Now I can't even cash my disability chk to pay bills , so now what . Beware all ! God bless, Ken

Been thier and done it my self, tried to tell my friends about it, but some people have to learn the hard way. Wouldn't listen so they got what a roarl F---ing is like. I will not have any thing to do with fleabay, not after the screwing they tried with me. It did not work with me took me a while but in the long of it I won out. All I can say about ebay are their only after the buck and if you get in the shorts oh well tough luck.

I am on the opposite end of this problem. I bought a carb for my motorcycle. It arrived today, and was not as it was advertised (wrong carb) Problem is I paid with a post office money order. If the seller doesn't take it back I guess all I can do is leave neg. feed back. Tell your son a lesson learned. Stan

I'm sorry, I don't follow you:

"My son says to send it back for a refund."

"...they didn't tell him to request the go-ped back for the refund..."

Either he told the buyer to send it back or he didn't. If he has an email trail showing that he did instruct the buyer to return the item, then that should satisfy PayPal.

I just got done with a big mess with Paypal. They held the funds on my account because of a "large" transaction. I sold a scan tool that was over $500. They not only held these funds, but almost $2,000 worth of my money! I had to send in receipts, copies of driver's license, utility bill, bank statement, credit card statement and they still held the funds for three weeks without explanation. I called and emailed but kept getting the runaround. I finally found two websites; paypalsucks.com & screwpaypal.com. Both showed this is a standard practice for Paypal. Imagine how much interest they are making if they do this to 100, 1000 or more people at a time!

Anyway, it was recommended from these sites to file complaints with the Better Business Bureaus and Attorney Generals of Nebraska and California, which is where Paypal has addresses. I did this and got my money released within a week or so.

Keep on them. It is frustrating, but they are so convenient to use.

File a complaint with the Post Office and let them
check it out. It may be considered fraud. Hal

Google Checkout is much more convenient to use, the fees are lower, and they won't hold your money. In fact, the money is deposited into your bank account automatically. You don't do a thing.
GCO

Rusty, Thanks for the info on Google Checkout. Do you know, with the new payment regulations coming out from Ebay, if Google Checkout will be accepted?

I doubt very much if ebay will ever allow the use of Google checkout. That is one of the many reasons I do not sell on ebay.

Let the bank take it to collection. If the story is as you say it is, there is a good chance a magistrate would see it your way, and you want the account closed anyway, right?

Everyone has bad experiences with all forms of payment methods.

I used to just accept any form of payment. On numerous occacions, I would recieve the money order and then ship the goods, and then the buyer would cancel thier money order after it had already been deposited and the bank would still pull his money back. I have had that happen several times with personal checks also. There is no trouble free method for buying anything over the internet unless you can pick it up and pay in person. The best you can hope for is an honest seller or buyer.

I myself like Paypal. I have been through many disputes with it, I thought they seemed to have a good resolution method. Every instance I have had, they would pull the money from your account (just a temporary hold, it still shows as being there, just not accessible). Then they would have numerous resolution methods for each side of the transaction party to perform. I have never seen the case of someone claiming they were cheated and a clear cut refund being issued without any need for explanation.(Only Walmart is big enough to operate that way.)

I would definitely be in touch with Paypal to find out why the matter was handled that way.
Just my $.02

Well yes except I can't cash my disability check anymore because of no checking acct available . I tried again this morning to talk to the bank , but they had an answer for everything . And not in my favor . I have no way out of it I guess . I just know I'm done with paypal usage . Ken

I don't do business with anyone over the net that will not accept standard credit cards.

Don't even get me started on PayPal. In January
I sold a ChrisCraft gas cap for $93 with shipping. Went to a PO box 80 mi from here.
Buyer says he never recieved it. Then closed his Ebay account.
PayPal refunded his $ and wants it back from me.
I'm not going to pay it. They have reported it to my credit rating. A collection agency calls me regularly about my bill. I'm still not going to pay it. I'll go to He11 before I'll pay it.
They say come this fall you will no longer be able to purchase anything from ebay with out a PP account. I'm going to keep bidding.
It's been a long time since anyone has got me riled up like this.
PayPal is a cruel machine. But it is producing vast profits to it's shareholders.
People complain about the huge profits the oil companies are making. I'll bet if you looked at the numbers of both, PayPal would outdo any of the oil companies for obscene profits. They...
You pushed a button here.

Before the buyer stopped the payment, my son and him were trying to work it out. My son told the guy to send it back. Instead, the guy had pay pal stop the payment. To resolve it through pay pal, they told him to have pay pal do a refund to the guy without telling my son he needed to do a request for the item back. He assumed if he was refunding the money, he would get the item back. Not so says pay pal, without a request for the return of the item, you get nothing back.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back