OT Polaris Sportsman ATV RECALL

Hotlfashjr

New User
I got a letter from Polaris yesterday about my ATV being recalled. Seems one of the electronic components could heat up and catch fire. This is while the ATV is sitting and not running mind you. They say to unbolt your groundwire until you can bring the ATV in to be fixed. The recall covered a good portion of their machines from 2005 - 2007. They will replace the part for free. I would check on this if anyone has one and didn't get a letter yet. I have had a bad battery in mine for about 9 months out of the 15 I have owned my machine. Wonder if they will fix that for free too?

Hurry up and insure it then! lol. Had several Polaris and never any problems with ignition boxes but had a few regulators go out and maybe why your battery don't charge? Otherwise never had any major problems with Polaris than just wearing them out from too much work. I always thought their ignition box way up under gas tank impossible to get to by a normal human was in a very bad spot anyway.

Well in 15 months I have put close to 1000 miles on mine from trail riding, plowing snow & hauling firewood. I love it. It's a great machine and I have not had a single issue with it otherwise. I also run a winch for plowing, so I know that can help kill a battery in short order. Insured it the day I bought it, "just in case". The insurance is cheap anyways.

I replaced the computer and two wireing harness' in a neighbors 500 last summer to the tune of around 1500 bucks. Luckily his insurance co. stepped up , polaris would do nothing for him and they know they have a problem. I would never buy polaris as long as Honda and Yamaha are in business. Keep insurance on your machine!

Exactly, those hondas run forever,i have had them all beleive me,the longest lasting one that i still use every day is a 96 kawasaki bayou 400 4x4, that thing starts any weather anytime,and has never given any trouble.

The starter switch on my Sportsman 400 went out and I need a new one. I will say that the machine is fun, to a point but the amount of work it does is minimal. I should have bought a utility tractor, more durable and lasts longer. I agree that I should have bought a Honda.

Wow, I have never heard so many bad stories about the Polaris's. Theres about 10 of us that ride them and no one has had a problem. We got away from the Honda's & Suzuki's a few years back because a couple of us kept having major engine issues with no support from Honda. I had to pay for a whole engine rebuild out of pocket and the machine was less than a year old. A few of the dealers around my area that carry both brands and not the best when it comes to service either.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back