OT,,, Sorta

Hobo,NC

Well-known Member
Location
Sanford, NC
A pix of the corn cleaning crew,,, looks like i am git'n my usual hand jester when I come up with a great I.D.
corncleaning08.jpg


I spec we put up a couple hundred ears of Kandy corn,,, mite put up a 5 or 6 dozen more middle 2 end of the week,,, Mom wants some off the cob,,, My treat for the help was my first batch of Ho-made ice cream,,, my late planing did not turn up any rite peaches so nanners took their place,,, I got a bowl full and ran off fish'n with a friend,,, he's trolls for stripers in Jordan lake,,, we did not have enny luck but did see a few nice'ns caught, one 32" long,,, trolling is new 2 me,,, more of a drinking mans sport,,, needless to say I mite have got the fish'n bug again,,, keep a eye out for some down riggers and a kicker motor for my bass boat he he,,, I did manage to such down 8 beer's in 5 hr. more than my limit and I fell like chit 2 day,,, kin not run with the big dawgs like I use 2,,, I have not been on the lake in the late afternoon in years,,, man theirs nuttin like it ,,, I just cooled it,,, for got the camera,,, shore would have liked to took a shot of the sunset,,, Rite many folks were out on the lake,,, I made the statement with the price of gas I figgerd different,,, my bud said it ain't about the price of gas,,, I spec he's rite

When I got back I had a empty ice cream freezer,, musta been good[/img]
 
Mines trying to make. I've kept it watered pretty good but now the storms started hittin last couple weeks. Had to stand a bunch of it back up the other day. Ya'll are a few weeks ahead of us. Usually don't get corn or maters til late July or August.
 
Yep, Hobo, they called me 'n Dunk when left and we come by and eat it all up, didn't we, Dunk? It was good. Thank ye! Next time fix some strawberry, please!
 
Yep, Hobo, they called me 'n Dunk when you left and we come by and eat it all up, didn't we, Dunk? It was good. Thank ye! Next time fix some strawberry, please!
 
Hey Hobo,

Wish you were here in AR and I"d trade ya some peechees for some Kandy. Just harvested around
5 bu of red havens and the nectars are comin on strong. Actually have some nectars 3" wide. Our Bodacious sweet corn has been hammered by storms but is about 2 weeks from picken.

I like cinnamon home made ice cream. :O

Safety & blue skies,

DJ
 
That's some good looking corn! My first planting probably won't amount to much; it's 4 feet high & silking. We didn't have but 1-1/2" of rain here from mid-May to July 1st. Late corn might make, so send the shucking crew up here when you're done w/ them! My daughter & SIL are 45 miles away & getting them over here for anything that involves work is not easy!
 
Looks good Hobo, sorry about Ross and I, and yer ice cream!!!

Are yall getting any of this rain yet?

Whew, we have had more in the last 2 days, than we have had in the last 2 and a half months all put together.

I would figgure I have gotten 1.5"+ here in the last 2 days.

Dang wind got rough one time this AM, and laid some corn over, blew a small tree down at the edge of the field, blew the lattice off the pool deck, and I have been afraid to look too closely at the rest of the garden.
 
That is some fine looking corn. The DNR here in Georgia will ruin a man's fishing by looking thru binoculars for people enjoying an afternoon of fishing and drinking. It is a shame but it happens all the time. Seems like they would concentrate on the people that cause problems like speeders, and reckless people on jet skis.
 
Yes ,Dunk, our rain has been just as needed, so far. Just poured out 1.25" from my gauge this morning that fell just about dark Sunday. Still some showers on radar this morning in the area.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top