OT- tax rebate

krm

Member
What does everyone think of the IRS spending 45 million to mail 130 million people a notice that they are going to recieve a tax rebate.What a waste of taxpayer money!
 
yea a notice is a waste of $ just go ahead and send the $ that way the ones who could really use it can not a big fan of the rebate tho they will just get it back next year but when it comes I sure will put it to good use (if I even get one) father-in-law says I meet criteria for it but haven't received the notice you speak of
 
Just remember they are BORROWING the money to give the "rebate" instead of making the Bush tax cuts permanent of cutting SPENDING.

Thankfully my wife and I worked too much this last year and don't have to worry about it. Apparently we're "RICH".
 
Perfect example of WASTE IN GOVERNMENT. WARNING; Do not spend the rebate check as the nnalert will surely want it back soon.
 
The way I read it, this first notice is to all 2006 filers. It reminds them to file their 2007 forms, as these are used to send out the actual rebate. I got the impression that they were sending out several of these expensive notices, just because they can-I guess. Greg
 
Last time they did this rebate thing, I didn't get anything - why should I expect anything this year? apparently I don't earn enough. Besides, they'll just jump my taxes to pay it back. Doesn't anyone understand how government works?
 
I never get any rebates either. In my case I "make too much". HA! Is that why I never have any money? That $45 mil or whatever-goes to the Post Office, right? So, whats wrong with that? Pays postal wokers, buys fuel and trucks, pays for Post Office upkeep. Money gets moved around. As for me, I might buy two books of stamps per year. Just enough to mail in the electric bill payment and occasionally the telephone bill. If USPO depended on me they'd be out of business.
 
There is an article on centurytel.net that states the the Iraq war will cost $12 billion per month in 2008.

old bc
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top