OT - This is a Bean Cutter

I agree with the WOW. That machine will puts a few acres aside real quick like. I thought that big Moline I used to run back in the 70's was a big machine, it would look like a toy next to this JD.
 
Neighbor farm is rented to a big farmer. Came in with 3 of these units and finished off the 160 acres in 2 hours. Comes to 1 1/3 acres per minute.
He runs 16 row corn heads on them and did the same farm with 1 combine a couple years ago in 6 hours. They keep 4 semis busy all the time... Gene
 
I once saw a header like that cutting wheat with caster wheels on the ends for the weight. I wonder if that head has 'em. I tried one of the StalkMaster corn heads this past fall and was not impressed. In down and twisted corn it would cut the stalk off before it got pulled in.
 
The MacDon flex drapers only use the caster wheels when they are locked rigid for cutting wheat and leaving a tall stubble. The wheels stabilize the head and keep it from rocking back and forth. They are not intended to be used for height control.When the head is unlocked and flexible the wheels are not used because the cutterbar slides on the ground, so the ground acts as the stabilizer.
It's a really neat head for cutting beans. They feed soooooo smooth. I had to learn the hard way that wet or tough beans feed just as smoothly as dry beans so you don't have as many warning signs right before the combine slugs. Jim
 
Ahh. Deere still can't hold a candle to the Cat Lexion's I heard that a big farmer in our area, I'm talkin 10,000 plus, demoed a 595R on tracks, took out 80 acres of beans in two hours with a forty foot head. You know, equipments getting bigger but evenually it has to stop, some farmers have land that they can't make a 16 on 30 planter turn on. What makes the companies think that they want bigger!
 
If there's a demand, the companies will build them. Whether the huge machinery is good or bad depends on what end of the stick you are on. My neighbor plants and harvests my 700 acres with a 36 row planter and two 580R Lexions with 40 foot flex heads and 12 row corn heads. I can pretty much call the shot on when they come, and when that time comes to plant/harvest they can do it in a day and then they're gone. The planting can be done pretty much on that 'perfect' day and so can the harvesting.

I know this is a kind of a fairy tale situation, and not everyone can get their custom work done on time, but their huge machinery can make me money because of timeliness. Besides that, I get to run this stuff and play with the gadgets once in a while.

At the end of the year the check I write to them is kind of big,but the payments they make to their banker are MUCH bigger. Jim
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top