OT watching TV (football)

Southern Ray

Miss Kim knows when each of us comes into her house to visit.
We come here to share our hopes, dreams, challenges, accomplishments, and just visit.
She know each of us by our name (handle). She know which room we stop in to visit and how long we stay. She knows if we make a comment.
We are careful to dust off our jeans, remove our hat, and wipe our shoes, or maybe take off our boots.
Our TV set (station) however doesn't know we are watching. I am aware of the Nielson rating method. Somewhere out there , there is a box in some houses where someone is watching, or not watching and I become among the extrapolated numbers that count how many of us are probably watching. I was reading a blog today and learned TV stations switched to commercials when the anthem was played. They now are beginning to show the anthem.
We as viewers can make a statement in the ticket sales. I wonder what a statement it would send to the stations and advertisers if they really knew how many are actually watching. How many of us use the remote to skip over commercials or check other stations? How many of us were actually influenced by a commercial? I am nauseated with these car commercials. I remember commercials being fun to watch. Remember the Miller and Budweiser beer commercials? The horses playing football and kicking a field goal? The runt Dalmatian that made it to the beer wagon?

Most shows have their commercials synchronized with the other shows that are on at the same time,almost to the second,but sometimes you can find shows that are staggered enough that you can pretty well watch two shows at once and not miss much. The wife hates it when I do that though.

I dodge commercials constantly!

The few shows I watch regularly, I record, watch later so I can fast forward through them.

It seems the more repulsive and insultingly stupid ones are the ones used in "saturation advertising", where they are shown repeatedly and on multiple channels.

Yes, the quality has greatly diminished. Obviously the corporations that hire the agencies to produce this garbage are completely out of touch with reality! They get none of my business.

The drug commercials are the worst for me..over and over,,all of them for that matter are an insult to our intelligence..I watch Netflix most of the time,,did have Direct TV,,kicked them out of my house..the greed of the programmers is obvious,,they smoother use with stupid adds,,not one of them would influence me..except in a negative way...

I think a panel of good old Grandmothers should be in charge of what gets aired,that would sort the stupid out of it all...

"My personal opinion the two clowns on the sonic commericals are the worst."

Agree 10000%! Will never spend another penny there!

Or, do what I do, which is buy a set of radio headphones, tune to an FM station, listen to songs and do farm work. My dad use to call TV the idiot box. About 45 years ago. Not much has changed.

First and foremost, there is ONLY one sport in the entire world...Cold Steel On Ice. I'm not sure, but it may have originated in Canada where many Olivers were painted red and called Cockshutts. It is played by two opposing teams, each has a Goalie, a Center, two Wingers, and two Defensemen. A total of 12 men on the ice at any given time without penalties. It would be interesting to see it played by 12 tractors chasing a puck down, but certainly not as fast as it is played now. Might be interesting to watch though. They always play and sing the anthem at the beginning of the game, American or Canadian, or both if the opposing teams are from America or Canada. At least in Chicago, if you miss the anthem, you miss the game.

Mark
Inside Of The Stadium Its Deafening In a Good Way

(quoted from post at 18:54:15 10/01/17) My dad use to call TV the idiot box. About 45 years ago. Not much has changed.

Ha, mine use to call it, "The Boob Tube". :wink:

I mowed the front yard instead.
4199.jpg

Gotta remember that ads are aimed at younger people for he most part......that is except for the little blue pill ones :lol: :lol: still wanna here form some.... do they really work?

Rick

"[b:654c4848f0][i:654c4848f0]<font color="#6699ff">How many of us use the remote to skip over commercials or check other stations?[/i:654c4848f0][/b:654c4848f0]</font>"

Take a look at the photo below of our tv remote control.

a173552.jpg" width="650"

Note the mute, channel, and power buttons.

One of our First Amendment rights is freedom of press.

Our remote allows us the freedom of "pressing" the mute, channel, or power buttons while peaceably assembling in our Lazy Boy recliners to protest commercials or football programming.

MeTV and H&I TV are the most watched in this house any more. Used to be a lot of GritTV as well, but they changed to a lower power station and don't get any more.

I'm disappointed in this country, that's as much politics as I'll get into here.

Paul

You bet. The JD colored one works great for BPH and the blue for the fun and games. Get both. Life is good.

...and people wonder why their Craigslist ads get removed when they try to sound like those same television commercials, when all they're trying to sell is a junk lawn mower!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back