Parking shed for the 3000

GB in MT.

Was getting pretty tired of having the tarp to deal with, every time I wanted to get the 3000 out of the weather.!
SOOooooo, I added a 16ft. parking shed, attached to the door of the work shop.
I had a tarp shed for my 44 2N, and fig., what the heck....I'll build one with wood sides and tin roof to keep the elements off the new paint, and seat, then anytime I was working in the shop, I'd have a 'out-of the weather place to park the 3000.
Turned out pretty darn good I think!!
Couple of pix for ya. (an easy build) :wink:

mvphoto62763.jpg

mvphoto62764.jpg

mvphoto62765.jpg

GOOD>>>BAD?????
Only on the to-do list....(raise the gravel up to match the shed walls, at the bottoms......EASY....) I gots a 3000 to move gravel!

Gary :lol:

Wow Is that light at the end of the tunnel?? looks good..

Anything to keep that wonderful white 4 letter word off. Unfortunately it will be here before any of us want it..

YEP I know that four letter word only two well.
And, we have had temps in the low 30's here for about a week, off and on.
That's why I wanted to finish the shed up ASAP!! :shock: Winter is NOT too far away.....I fig. it's gonna be a whopper, this yr.

Gary

Looks good so long as it will handle your snow load. Only down fall I see is the snow load sliding off that metal roof right in front of your service door. Still beats a tarp and will keep you out of the
sun and rain.

When it starts to snow the snow will stick to the roof for a while before conditions change enough for it to slide off. That will put a lot of weight on the roof and the slope of the rafters will try to push the walls out which then will let the roof collapse onto your tractor. The gussets at the peak won't be enough to stop it. The typical way to stop the walls from spreading is to put a 2x4 across the bottom of the rafters where they meet the wall and nail them to the rafters. Now that you have the roofing on, this may be difficult but you could easily drill a hole through each rafter just outside the wall so it would be the same height as the top plate and run a cable from one side to the other.

I agree that it needs to be tied rafter to rafter preferably where rafter meets the top plate.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back