Caryc

Found out in town today that the Pep Boys store is now Advance Auto. I guess the whole chain is no more.

Seems like Pep Boys has been around for like a hundred years or so. :cry: Remember Manny, Moe and Jack? I guess maybe the last one of them finally croaked.

for several years now it appears PEP Boys has been swinging their focus on providing service, and are not selling parts at many locations any longer. This is part of them being acquired by Icahn Auto Group.

Pep Boys was sold several years ago to investors.
They have been slowly closing down the Pep Boys parts retail division.
Auto Zone; Advance; and maybe others have been leasing or buying the store fronts.
But while they are getting out of retail parts the tire and service side of Pep Boys will continue on at least for now.

Noticed the other day local Pep Boys has Auto Zone banner on it. Never was a fan of them after got reman GM starter that cranked car once, They tried to up sell me a new one, Finally got core back and had
fixed and ran for years

Not sure if it has changed hands. The nearest one to me closed the auto parts part of the store when nnalert landed. They have just been doing tire work since.

Philadelphia.

My Dad's Father knew, I think, all of them. I can remember him talking about two of them, I'm guessing this was late 50's or 60's. He was in sales at Hollingshead Chemical Co. in Camden. They sold automotive engine additives and waxes, and a lot of products for the aviation industry (mainly radial engines). When the airlines went to jet engines most their aviation products became obsolete.

Dick Hollingshead- inventor of the Drive-In Theater.
Link

Pep Boys sold parts?

I'd go in around once a year during the Christmas shopping season because they always had some cool stuff that you normally wouldn't see in stores. Never bought anything of consequence.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back