pics from today

billonthefarm

When Jim asked if we had snow he knew the answer to that question before he asked it.
DSCN2648-1.jpg

DSCN2647-1.jpg

DSCN2674-1.jpg

I looked out around 5 and didnt think it was too bad but when I went out at about 6:15 I found out I was wrong. We had several inches of wet sticky, slushy snow that had frozen doors, gats and about everything else. After a half hour of shoveling snow to get the shed doors open it was finally time to start chores.

DSCN2651-1.jpg

We feed the calves here at home ground ear corn and supplement inside along with some square bales of hay and a couple loader buckets of corn stalk in tires outside.

It was time to take the bale processor and the 4230 over to the Higgs farm to feed hay to the cows. I live on the most westerly county maintained road in Peoria county and when it snows alot they are a little slow getting out this far so I took the 7520 and headed out.
DSCN2661-1.jpg

No problems getting there. The tress sure did look nice.

DSCN2669-2.jpg

Since I didnt have the bale processor I threw some square bales in the bale feeders to keep them content. I feed them some grain and I feed the calves then headed out to start moving snow.

About 11 this morning the county snow plows reached the outer edges of the county so wrigley and I were off to feed the cows, at last.

DSCN2680-1.jpg

He insist on riding on the console so he can see what is going on.

DSCN2719-1.jpg

We went by what may be the last field of corn in the township.

DSCN2716-1.jpg

We drove past some deep snow. That is my hat on the snow drift so you can see how high it was. And they say we snow doesnt drift!

DSCN2706-1.jpg

This is the Trivoli township town hall and road district garage. Trivoli township was known as one of the finest townships in all the west because of it mix of rich prarie soils and native timber stands. Also noted to have the finest of schools and churches. That was wrote in a plat atlas in 1880. Recoginze the red truck Jim?

DSCN2688-1.jpg

When I get to the Higgs farm the cows are waiting for me.

DSCN2689-1.jpg

We are still learning about the bale processor and how to best utilize it be we are very happy so far.

DSCN2695.jpg

It is simple to use. Pick up a bale, drive to where you want to feed, engage the pto, put the tractor in gear, engage the hydraulics and drive forward.

DSCN2700.jpg

The finished product. The cows like it and waste very little when compared to feeding free choice hay.

DSCN2726-1.jpg

Chores normally take me about 2 hours in the morning. Today is was about 7 because of the snow. Last of the snow moving was around the corn crib so we can grind feed in a day or so. Nice of wrigley to keep the seat warm.

DSCN2703-1.jpg

Speaking of wrigley, guess who is celebrating his second birthday today? Yep, wrigley. Right now he is celebrating by taking a nap at my feet. Oh a dogs life!
bill

Bill, looken at these pictures i was gonna ask how old wrigley was. but i see you already answered it. I figured young, seein hes jumpin into cabs and such. My Dog will be 9 tommorrow and won't hardley leave the wood stove. Thanks for the pics, Toby.

Thanks for the pictures, and Happy birthday to Wrigley! We are supposed to get some heavy snow here in NY at the end of the week. Maybe the most at one time we have seen all season! A Noreaster, dunno. That Wrigley is one smart pooch.LOL

Hey Jay, Here in the finger lakes, i'm gettin some heavy wet snow right now. Maybe headin your way. I'd expect her sooner than the end of the week. Heads up and good luck, Toby.

Toby, its just starting here too. I went out to my wood shed to get another wheelbarrow load of wood, and its flurrying. We heard a 1" for tomarrow, but who knows, then something big Thursday into Friday. Good luck to you too, glad to hear from you. I'll keep you posted on what we get, and maybe some pics,. J

Nice pics. Nice dog I have a 5 year old female. They never grow out of wanting to ride on the tractors or trucks or four wheelers.

Like always ... Really enjoy your pictures and how you tells us what we are looking at ...
<>
THANKS for Sharing ....
Mark

Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

Never seen a bale processor before; makes a lot of sense using one to limit waste.

For only being 2 years old, Wrigley is a pretty smart dog.

Give him a pat on the head for me and tell him that he's a good dog.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back