Pictures and Puzzles Thread

View attachment 4642Monday Rust

Herbert Austin, the man who built the Austin 7 and many other cars between the two wars, tried to take on Henry Ford in tractor manufacture. Like a number of other companies, the Austin tractor was more rugged and slightly more powerful than the Ford Model F and N but it could not compete on price and production costs. Eventually the factory was moved to Austin's French works where production continued with the first diesel version coming out in the late 1930's. Quite a successful tractor in France but production ceased in early WW2 when the factory was captured by German forces. Herbert Austin's company and his great rival William Morris eventually joined forces and formed The British Motor Corporation (BMC) and continued building cars, trucks and Nuffield tractors.

View attachment 4644Monday Compilation
On the Country Super 4, I can't imagine trying to get the drawbar lined up with front wheels that large. My experience is that the smaller diameter front tire makes for easier alignment of the drawbar to the implement. Nice pictures however and thanks for sharing with us.
 
How about one new post each day?
Maybe titled Pics and Puzzles with the date:
Pics and Puzzles 02-06-24
Pics and Puzzles 02-07-24
Because this is going to become a HUGE thread to scroll thru... if you are just adding to one post continually.

Just my thoughts.
Thought of that Sweetfeet but Chris suggested this way, we will see how it goes. The idea is that there is only one place for Pictures and Puzzles but it is open to change .
 
Wednesday Pictures and Puzzles
Leyland 154

DSCN9961 - Copy.JPG


Leyland 154 was a small tractor with an interesting heritage, it was designed by a company set up by Harry Ferguson after he left M-F. It started life as a BMC Mini tractor, progressed through the Nuffield 4/25 and finally became the Leyland 154. Ferguson wanted to build a tractor to replace the TO and TE 20 which had been such a great success and BMC wanted to expand their range of Nuffield tractors. The tractor is smaller than the Ferguson with around 28 hp petrol or diesel engine. It also had no draft control as such, the draft control was achieved by the repositioning of the hydraulic lift arms attachment points, going back to Harry Ferguson's original ideas of linkage before hydraulics were involved. The tractor worked very well and performed way beyond its perceived capabilities. Harry Ferguson Design Limited went on to design a new range of larger tractors for BMC, the larger 3/45 and the 4/65 and also four wheel drive systems for Formular 1 racing cars and the Range Rover cars.

JCB Fastrack

DSCN9966 - Copy.JPG


JCB Fastrack, another success for the JCB company to go with there back hoe loaders, fork lifts and material handlers. I used to carry out training courses on the farm where the prototype was tested, it was painted to look like a John Deere. The driver loved it but said the cab suspension caused him to feel seasick.

Belarus MT3

HPIM0070 - Copy.JPG


Belarus MT3, one of the tractors that found its way out from under the Iron Curtain. For a tractor born in the harsh conditions of Russia in winter where it was well liked, it proved to be a weak tractor when used in our conditions with failures in the hydraulic systems and castings a common problem. Their biggest export market at one time was the USA!!!

Henrietta2.jpgSetting a top

Me, setting a top on my Fordson Major E1ADKN at a local ploughing match, under the watchful eye of my critics, Colin and my father (hidden), whilst the two judges look on.

Wednesday Rust

HPIM1854.jpg


Fordson Model N from around 1940. Tractor is on Roadless tracks with an Automowers winch and crane jib and was used by the Royal Air Force to recover crashed aircraft during WW2.



Wednesday Compilation
Puzzle 73.jpg
 
I know you are working out the bugs, but i find hard to make comments on individual photos and havingto scroll through the whole string to get to todays pics. My comment is maybe I should get a Fasttrac and maybe I could get over being seasick and then I might go on a cruise.
 
I know you are working out the bugs, but i find hard to make comments on individual photos and havingto scroll through the whole string to get to todays pics. My comment is maybe I should get a Fasttrac and maybe I could get over being seasick and then I might go on a cruise.
When you open the thread click on the "Jump to New" button at the top right and it should jump to the newest additions.
 
View attachment 4756
FW60

Tuesdays Pictures and Puzzles
People Mover
View attachment 4757
A little transport oriented today.

Bedford Trucks

View attachment 4758



Ford Truck


View attachment 4759

This one belongs to one of my Australian relations.

Rust or Relic

View attachment 4760

Tuesday Compilation

View attachment 4761

Hope this works, just got to find out how to turn off quotes so we do not get the previous days puzzles in the new post. Work in Progress . 🥴🥴
Your relatives semi has bars across the windshield, I'm guessing it's to keep anything hit from flying thru the windshield. Probably a good idea, never seen anything like this over here.
 
Your relatives semi has bars across the windshield, I'm guessing it's to keep anything hit from flying thru the windshield. Probably a good idea, never seen anything like this over here.
The bars are very lightweight. The lower to bars are filled with hardware cloth, maybe it is for larger insects or small birds?

I wonder if he discovered what looks like a small ratchet wrench with extension sitting on top of the tire?
 
Your relatives semi has bars across the windshield, I'm guessing it's to keep anything hit from flying thru the windshield. Probably a good idea, never seen anything like this over here.
`The bars on the windscreen are "Bug Bars" and the ones on the front are "Kangaroo Bars". When it gets dusk to dark, kangaroos hop across the road and do not use the Zebra Crossing. 😲😲😲 A common sight along the roads in Victoria is a Wombat, laying in the ditch with its legs in the air, like Kangaroos, they are pretty solid animals and can make a mess of your front end if you hit one.
 
HPIM0073 - Copy.JPGHanomag and Guldner

In the late 1930's my old company became agents for the Hanomag Crawler but WW2 intervened before they sold one. The Guldner is one I did not come across until the early 2000's in Holland, and, for some reason fell in love with it straight away. The one I covert is a six cylinder version which has appeared in P and P in the past.
 
I know you are working out the bugs, but i find hard to make comments on individual photos and havingto scroll through the whole string to get to todays pics. My comment is maybe I should get a Fasttrac and maybe I could get over being seasick and then I might go on a cruise.
Think I have it worked out now, depends on how I linked the pictures together but there should now be a "Reply" button in the bottom R/H corner of the individual posts.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top