Pigs are loaded

Dan-IA

Member
Well with the fence froze shut and all, we used a tractor and loader to haul the pigs out. I have pictures to post - though they aren't the greatest because I couldn't really aim (busted screens on my phone.) Not for the faint of heart, viewer discretion would be advised, under 18 not permitted in Ohio and Utah, etc.

My question is--are stuck pigs beyond the acceptable level? Don't want to offend anybody.
 
A while back in a post, I said here in Texas we have a saying - if you can"t stand the sight, don"t look. You were upfront and warned, so I took my own advice and didn"t look. So guess what - I didn"t get offended. "nuff said.
 
I think if someone doesnt realize how food makes it to a plate at supper time,then they need to be offended.Most city folks anymore think the grocery store makes the food,and they even think they dont need farmers for food.
 
Last summer, i went to several pig roasts, and some city slicker asked me where they got the meat! I told him they found it out along the road, and carried it there fer the man to roast! That guy didn't eat much except salads.
And, those developers!! All they can visualise is row upon row of fancy houses, out in the near countryside! Gets to lookin' like a Shanty-town! Those folks get mighty upset when the smell of manure wafts their way, and even tried to get laws passed, forbidding farmers from fertilising their fields! And, they aren't allowed to plow or run machinery after dark--the yuppies have to get their sleep!
Well, Butler County, Pa. gave the farmers the right to do as they had been doing, with their farming. But, some other areas constrict farming practices to daylight hours only, and some not at all!
 
022608_0913.jpg



022608_0924.jpg



I know, I know, there's no mud on the tires!

I would have gotten better shots but I busted the phone-apparently LCD screens don't appreciate wood falling off a log splitter. oops. There's other pics below, but these are the better ones.
poke here
 
That no farming after dark is BS. If you don't like it, MOVE.
I live in a small town and its the norm to wakeup in the middle of the night or in the morning to the sound of type of farm eqetment going down the street,or just outside town.
 
When I figure out how to get the meat off without killing 'em I'll be a billionaire,until then, thats what meat is supposed to look like, my buddies and I do 6 pigs every fall and none of it gets packed on little styrofoam trays with shrink wrap. But I'm sure some softy will whine that they are offended by this sort of thing. Keep up the good work.
 
Thanks for the pics. I never got to see any of this process - had to milk the cows...just enough cows to keep 3 boys out of trouble.....I did get to eat the fresh side and sugar cured ham though - made up for the missed fun. Honorable mention was cracklins and grizzle gravy. One neighbor always had a 220 too....those eventually got banned.
 
Shucks Dan,
A lot of us are deer hunters and have seen a lot worse than that.
Nice looking pair of hogs.
I don't know what I'd do if I were a Muslem or a Jew.
Pork has always been my favorite meat.
Happy eating.
 
Rustyj:
I grew up in Butler Cty and now live just across the southern border. I see what they did to Treesdale Apple farm and am just appalled. Those developers had no regard for the legacy of the apples and peaches business that was there. They came in, let thousands of trees go to waste for a year or two and then cut most of them down for their overpriced, over rated "golf community"
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top