Plow tail wheel?

They are also tapered so they will bite into the side of the furrow to keep it from climbing out.
 
It is about steering the plow in the furrow and out at the fields end for turning around. Some time and place maybe you can study it more when your behind me and my G John Deere. I can't recall a time when you've taken the lead pull. But at least your still running. Sorry just a little friendly jab. lol!
 
Well now if I remember right the last time I went plowing with you I was plowing circles around you with that L-GM Case. And the time before the old C Case was the only tactor out in the field plowing cause all the rest of you guys were on the side lines broke down. And the time before that at Kron farms there was a G that you were on that looked like a steam engine after that head gasket blew. Have a good night. lol
 
The forces on the plow are down (weight) and toward the furrow wall. The tail wheel is canted to deal with the combination of those forces. If it were verticle the wheel bearings would have a lot of side load.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top