Power Major engine knock

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
I have noticed a knock in the engine of my 58 FPM. It is most noticeable at idle and will disappear if I crack the nut on the injector and cause that cylinder to not fire- does that fact help identify the cause of the knock?
 
Yes, feel fre at this time to suspect that the rod bearings on at least this cylinder need replacement. Exploratory surgery may well reveal further parts requirements. Exercise will not make these symptoms disappear, and will in fact tend to make the patient feel much worse.
 
Wouldn"t a faulty (leaking) injector also cause a knock? I would replace the injector before starting to tear the engine apart.
 
Its a bit hard to diagnose from your post. A knock from an injector would give a slight misfire and a possible puff of white or black smoke. You would also be able to feel the heavy pulse in the pipe.

As you do not mention any of these things I would go with the diagnosis given, a mechanical knock from either, big end, damaged piston, little end or even, in the worst case, broken crankshaft.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top