Progress on M670 Super cab

Alan K

Got some panels and insulation cut for the headliner on the M670 Super cab and got the top painted. Now have to install it.

Attachments

• M670 cab roof 2.JPG
    M670 cab roof 2.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 36
  • M670 cab roof 1.JPG
    M670 cab roof 1.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 36
  • M670 cab roof 3 paint.JPG
    M670 cab roof 3 paint.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 38
Got some panels and insulation cut for the headliner on the M670 Super cab and got the top painted. Now have to install it.
What is that top made out of and do you think the noise level will be fine with the insulation? I plan to reuse my Dad's Home made cab which used to have a plywood top but I have a new SS metal top made for it. Cleddy

The original was just regular 1 inch Styrofoam. All of that was in bad shape. I used some 1 inch "purple" insulation board from Menards. It has a higher insulating value than the regular Styrofoam. I used some Polywall utility paneling also from Menards to give it the original appearance of the original white Styrofoam. I have to glue that on yet and get the top installed and then start on rebuilding the front frame around the hood.
As far as the noise level, hopefully it will help some. I do plan on doing the same to the sides inside the cab, but will make them removable if I have to remove the rear tins around the sides of the seat and back. I usually wear earplugs anyway as the Stanley mufflers don't really muffle much lol.

I need to redo the lower front panel around the fuel tank. This one was originally for an LP model, I have a gas model.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back