PROOFMETER - FOLLOWUP

Tim PloughNman Daley RIP

A few weeks ago there was a post by a fella, I can't find it now, asking about his Proofmeter reading kaddy-wompous. It was Farmer Dan who replied it was possible he had the wrong unit, a kilometer per hour instead of a MPH unit. They did make both. It may be that the poster somehow bought a Proofmeter with the kilometer scale. There were two units made for the 8N, used 50-52. The September 1952 MPC lists the 8N17360-A and A2 alternate (miles) and the 8N-17360-B and B2 alternate (kilos) were used. Farmer Dan and I suspect the kilometer unit was only used on the export 8NAN kerosene/TVO models going overseas. Likewise, there were two units used on the NAA (Jubilee) one in miles and one in kilos. In addition, each used its own cable -the 8N and the NAA and the are not interchangeable. From the Dennis Carpenter catalog, there is the 8N-17360-A, used 50-52; a C3NN-17360 (4-speed)used 53-64; a C3NN-17360K (5-speed) used 55-64; and a 313720 S0O-S used 59-64. Cables are also offered as well. I have no idea if any of these are in kilos, but if you call them, they will tell you.

Tim Daley(MI)

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back