closing. The third seems to be
rocking back too far when
disengaged, and so the pto thrust
bearing misses it the next time it
is pushed forward.
Can this rocking be adjusted?
Also, they don't always rock
easily or smoothly. Thanks.

I think your top plate is wore out. Did you replace the levers,pins and linkage pieces? Set down when you price that plate as it is very expensive. I went through this a few years ago on my 2510 and I had a parts tractor with good parts. I wish the 2510 used the same setup as the 3020-4020. Tom

Okay, darn. No, I did not replace the top plate linkages, pins, etc. Yes, I did notice that it's $200+ for a single latch.

Ag Parts Ltd shows a rebuilt assembly for $602. Years ago when I did mine you had to send yours in for a rebuild. My top plate holes were worn egg shaped and not reusable. They wanted $700 for a new plate then. I had a parts tractor that had a good one. Looking at their webpage there is no mention of having to send yours in for anything other than a core. I am a dealer for them and could check into it if you are interested. Tom

Okay, thanks for looking it up. I'm going to split it first and take a look, might be a few weeks till I can get started on that.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back