Question about Aluminum carburators on tractors.

34Case

Has anybody bought and used aluminum carburators? If so, hats your thoughts about them? Im thinking of getting one for my 48 H Farmall

Some of them work great. Don't buy the
cheapest one.But if your tractor is having
issues a different carb usually won't fix
it.

(quoted from post at 18:26:27 08/19/23) may i ask why you would go from a good ihc carb to junky a aluminium carb.

Because ive had trouble ith the last 2 carbs that have been on it. My tractors sit outside for, sometimes, long periods of time, and I thought that contributed to the problem ith them someho

Are your tractors used during these long
periods of setting outside? If not, I
suspect your troubles may be related to
poor quality gasoline. I suggest you try
shutting your tractors down for extended
periods of setting outside by shutting the
fuel off and allowing them to run out of
fuel. This will prevent gum and varnish
build up from evaporating gasoline.
I also wonder where you might get an
aluminum carb for an h. Also agree with
rustred. Why replace an excellent carb with
an unproven, made in China item? I am
reminded of the aluminium Holleys on the
1000 series Fords in the '60's and '70's.
Most of those were discarded when it came
rebuild time because they couldn't be
rebuilt. Your tractor, your money. Good
luck.
P.S. I have used Chinese aluminum
replacement carbs on small engines with
success, but I keep expecting them to bite
me in the rear.

I AL AYS use Ethyl gas in ALL my tractors. I al ays shut the gas off and let them run out. I finally took the carb to a mechanic, and he ent through it and brought it out , and installed, started it up, tuned it a bit, and it ran good high and lo . He didnt turn it off and so I didnt either. I used the H to mo my hay and it ran good, but hen i got done, I shut the gas off. I( ent to use it to rake the hay 2 days later, and it ran like it did before he had had it.

(quoted from post at 17:00:27 08/20/23)
I AL AYS use Ethyl gas in ALL my tractors. I al ays shut the gas off and let them run out. I finally took the carb to a mechanic, and he ent through it and brought it out , and installed, started it up, tuned it a bit, and it ran good high and lo . He didnt turn it off and so I didnt either. I used the H to mo my hay and it ran good, but hen i got done, I shut the gas off. I( ent to use it to rake the hay 2 days later, and it ran like it did before he had had it.
I bought this car currently in the H from Stiener. I csalled YT Parts and am going to get their $400 carb for a n H. They only had 2 different carbs for sale, and the $400 is supposed to be the best

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back