Questions about the John Deere 801 style hitch.

sbrittell

New User
Do you happen to have a picture of using the 2 upper arms on the outsides..... I just bought a JD 50 with this 801 hitch and I was about to sell this hitch and order a aftermarket but if I'm following you right, what I have may work just fine. I want to be able to use a scraper blade and auger with my 3 point. Thank you in advance. scott

cvphoto167608.jpg

Hello Scott welcome to YT! Can you reply and copy in the title of the post you are referring to and the exact handle of the poster. Then myself or someone can find the post so we all have the same information to reference. Or if you are somewhat computer savvy copy the web address or URL from your address bar when viewing that post. Hopefully you are in Modern view, then in your reply click the URL button above then paste the URL in with no space, then click the URL button again. This will insert a link to it in your reply.

There are different mast heads for different implements. The one used on a plow was called a horse head, not sure if that is the technical name. The one for the 80 blade is shown here, good luck finding one.

There is an after market piece that attaches to the axle on each side that allows you to use a short center link that would be less expensive than a complete hitch.

mvphoto111939.jpg

horse head mast

mvphoto111940.jpg

80 blade mast

There is an after market piece that attaches to the axle on each side that allows you to use a short center link that would be less expensive than a complete hitch and here is the one I have (in poor light)but at least I found it.

cvphoto167624.jpg

cvphoto167625.jpg

Scott,
You can use your 801 to hook up to 3-pt equipment.

The 2 ''upper arms'' are connected by what's called an Evener Bar. Remove the hitch pin from the evener bar and replace it with the end of a regular top link. Put a nut on the threaded end of the top link piece to secure it to the evener bar.

I bought an aftermarket. Just used the aftermarket upper piece , which mounts to tractor and provides the Mount for the conventional top link. I kept my 801 lift arms. I find this to be best of both worlds.

Thank you Pete, I removed the enener bar last night and can see what your saying about adding the end of one of the regular top links. I just need to find a nut with the same threads. Thanks for the advice.
Untitled URL Link

Just using a long pin between the links and implement top link works great.
cvphoto167702.jpg

I've tried adding a conventional top link ball to the JD crossbar. It does work, but I've found it to be too long a time or two and ditched it for the long pin arrangement

Brandon

Look up the plow guys add in Green Mag. He can fix you up with what you need probably. Nice guy. I got a horse head from him for my JD 70.

There are different mast heads for different implements. The one used on a plow was called a horse head, not sure if that is the technical name. The one for the 80 blade is shown here, good luck finding one.

There is an after market piece that attaches to the axle on each side that allows you to use a short center link that would be less expensive than a complete hitch.

mvphoto111939.jpg

horse head mast

mvphoto111940.jpg

80 blade mast
Notice it raises the center link up. It should be easy to make one that would work.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back