Quick Delivery Service

DoubleR

I order a item on Amazon, I'm a Prime Member, yesterday at 2 pm. It was discounted if I ordered it between 2-7 pm. They even said I would get it by 10pm last night and I thought ya right on the so called busiest on line shopping day of the year. I left the house after ordering it and walked back in at 7 pm and my wife said some guy just pulled in in a car and dropped a big box on the porch. The box was what I just ordered which was my wife's Christmas present no less. Being retired form the fright business I still can't believe they made it happen that quick.

Amazon has warehouses all over and is still building more. There are several Amazon warehouses in a 30 mile radius of where I live.

The other day, I was picking up the phone to call Jimmy Johns to order sandwinches. The delivery guy was ringing the door bell delivering them. I put the phone back down, and answered the door, and told the delivery guy that I hadn't ordered any yet. He said, well no, but you were thinking about it. I stood there looking puzzeled. And he said, no, we are really that fast.

Just Joking!!

I find this to be unsettling and with no good end. A monopoly is a monopoly is a monopoly,,,,,,,,,,,
Once they finish doing the USPS in and its market influence to keep freight rates reasonable is no more,
Katie bar the door. Deregulation works both ways. Bezos will have your XA%#$aQ in hand and anyone that thinks
he won't squeeze has never cracked a history book.
:-( gm

Last thing I ordered from amazon took more than six weeks. Apparently the vendor they used was in china. Wouldn't have ordered the car part from them if I had known. Bought another off ebay which arrived in about a week.

IMHO its the dishonest Postmaster General doing the harm to USPS by slowing service. At the time he was appointed he had major stock holdings in USPS competitors. He was put in place by DT to try to disrupt the mail-in ballot process,

when you order from amazon, prime member or not , it gives you a shipping / delivery estimate
you can then hit cancel if you don'y like the date
is why i quit dealing with wish, every thing that comes from the east , is it china's fault ? is it our fault for not un-loading ? don't know, but i ain't waiting weeks or months to save a few dollars
bob

They will get big, then try to squeeze, and will just end up with a mess of toothpaste. Someone else will come along with a better way.

Once upon a time it was Sears, then Walmart, now Amazon.

Remember when EBay was really rocking? And today there are how many smaller action cos selling everything from heavy equipment to estate trash on several online platforms?

IMHO, the USPS should not even exist. Government should not be in any business that private enterprise can do at a profit (Fed-ex, UPS, DHL, etc).

I would prefer to send a letter, costing less than one dollar to send, than send a letter via UPS or FEDEX for a whole lot more.
The USPS is in trouble because the R's in Congress, a few years back, MANDATED that the USPS fully fund EVERYONE's retirement for the next fifty years.
The current Postmaster General (I think that is the term for the chief honcho), that was appointed to slow down the mail, did not help matters any.
What private enterprise would be forced to do that? USPS was making a profit for quite a while, prior to that.
A lot of people complain about the cost of shipping - think about the cost of sending a Christmas Card to Grandma, via UPS or FEDEX.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back