rear end fluid

To expand on what Sean said, examples:

OEM: CNH Multigrade 134 Hydraulic Transmission Oil

Generic: TSC Traveller Premium Universal Trans/Hydraulic fluid

Brand name: Mobil Delvac Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission Fluid

And others but you get the idea

M2c134D did not exist when that unit was built. So no need for that high a spec oil. R/a is part of hyd reservoir, is checked at square head plug at step level on rite side.

In general if you have any Ford or New Holland tractors around having a jug or pail or several of tans hydraulic oil that meets the 134D spec will cover the needs of all the tractors.

In a very old Ford this is better than the original oil. But it is easy to find and covers many tractors.

In a well worn very old Ford this might be thinner than the original oil and might leak out a little faster.

But, it is what they call for these days in modern times.

Paul

(quoted from post at 14:12:13 05/18/23) M2c134D did not exist when that unit was built. So no need for that high a spec oil. R/a is part of hyd reservoir, is checked at square head plug at step level on rite side.

You are correct in that the M2C134D spec did not exist when that tractor was new, but the original specs that were recommended when that tractor was new have been superseded by Ford and New Holland a few times over the years, and the currently recommended replacement spec is M2C134D. I would rather go with a fluid that meets the currently recommended spec than try to substitute something that may or may not meet the original specs. The original transmission spec no longer exists, but the current recommendation is m2C134D, as well, and the same goes for the original fluid for the power steering. It is much easier to keep one kind of fluid in stock for everything and know that it exceeds the original specs for all three sumps.

The FORD M2C134D Oil is no longer made or supplied by CNH. You may find a jug or two on your local CNH shelf. Last time I bought a pail it was about $60 for a 2.5 gallon bucket. TSC makes an oil like it, claims it is for the old FORDs, and NAPA sells some too, both an SAE-90 GL1 Gear Oil. I've used all of these and never had any problems and I live in MICH where it winter 9 months a year. That being said, some claim you need a GL4 oil such a in UTF especially in cold weather and if in doubt go with that.

khhArTcl.jpg
IIQuPU4l.jpg
UTxbUxml.jpg
Tl4QOoel.jpg
PcnP0OKl.jpg
IQXA6Mcl.jpg

FYI & FWIW: CNH has been getting away from older FORDs for 20 years or more now as their marketing wants people to scrap their old FORDs and buy the newer Boomers and TW models.

Tim Daley (MI)

Might want to read that label a little better before recommending SAE90 in a newer tractor

mvphoto105858.jpg

Only place Ford recommended that oil in the 65/later models was the steering box

mvphoto105859.jpg

Having working tractor on our farm from 58 model 601 to 90 model 6610 we run MC134D or better spec oil in all hydraulic systems
With the amount of hydraulic actuated implements today I d rather run a higher grade oil in the older tractors than to end up with older non spec oil in the newer ones

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back