rear track frame hanger (spacing to rear sprocket/trunnion?)

choppa

anyone with a HG or OC3 out there that might be able to answer this question?

I am in the process of completly rebuilding my under carriage/running gear on my 1950 HG-42.

After rebuilding and repacing all the bottom rollers, I just slid the completed track frame assembly back into position up to the rear sprocket. (BTW.. not completely done buttoning up, I am at this point.. track frame w/ rollers sitting on ground bolted up ONLY right now to the rear sprocket area)

I bolted on the rear hangers (both inside and outside hangers) only to discover there is about 0.20 to a .25" or so gap between the inner facing of the outside hanger to the outer flange on the trunion.

Is this normal? Or am I missing a shim of some sort here?

Or does the design allow for some sort of side to side "float" (for lack of better description)during operation?

Right now, the mating surface of the inside rear hanger is right up against the outer surface of the inside sprocket "hub" or shaft.. and the gap, like I wrote, is between the flange on the trunnion to the inner surface of the outside hanger.

Again, is there SUPPOSED to be gap to allow some sort of side to side float, or am I missing something?

I did put in a new bushing on the inside sprocket shaft, or hub, that goes inside the hanger.

Just seems to me that if this IS the design of the tractor, and if there is this allowable gap, or "float" of the side to side of the track frame on the rear sprocket, I would see the main springs bushings wearing pretty fast with all that allowable movement.

I hope someone can understand what I am asking with all this jibberish of mine! Its so hard to describe sometimes in words.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back