Recessed sleeves

Well, I had the block bored and had .090 sleeves installed at a cost of $1000 plus $221 for the sleeves. Problem solved.
cvphoto81873.jpg
That looks nice! I have a block with .040 sleeves and trying to decide what to do with it. They are not in bad shape and this is making me second guess having new sleeves put in.

Did they resurface the deck after the sleeves were installed?
What head gasket did you use? Looks like an MLS.

That looks nice! I have a block with .040 sleeves and trying to decide what to do with it. They are not in bad shape and this is making me second guess having new sleeves put in.

Did they resurface the deck after the sleeves were installed?
What head gasket did you use? Looks like an MLS.
Typical procces is to deck the block then rebore and counterbore leaving sleeves high. Then install sleeves and cut the top of each sleeve to yield the proper protrusion. There are undoubtedly other ways that work.

TOH

Typical procces is to deck the block then rebore and counterbore leaving sleeves high. Then install sleeves and cut the top of each sleeve to yield the proper protrusion. There are undoubtedly other ways that work.

TOH
Ok cool. One of my factory sleeves is even slightly below the deck. Not sure what way I want to go with this block yet. Keep the .040 Sleeves and do them myself or have a machine shop bore and put in .090 sleeves. This motor will not be worked hard as it will most likely just be a show/parade tractor when I am finished. I saw that you said an upgrade would be to install a 3/4" pump and get an align bore for the new cap as well.

Ok cool. One of my factory sleeves is even slightly below the deck. Not sure what way I want to go with this block yet. Keep the .040 Sleeves and do them myself or have a machine shop bore and put in .090 sleeves. This motor will not be worked hard as it will most likely just be a show/parade tractor when I am finished. I saw that you said an upgrade would be to install a 3/4" pump and get an align bore for the new cap as well.
THe .090 wall sleeves and 3/4" oil pump gears were both changes made to address major deficiencies in the original design.. If the budget can afford it they are worth the expense.

TOH

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back