Red neck trailer winch No battery required

Roger in Iowa

A friend has added a boat trailer bottom roller to the front of his trailer. It is used as a winch but requires another vehicle to pull the tow straps to load items. Works slick! Especially if the tow strap is pulled using the front tow hooks of the power vehicle as the driver can be backing up and watch the load as it comes on the trailer. The straps can be pulled from the left or right side of the trailer.
cvphoto98546.jpg

(quoted from post at 15:30:16 08/23/21) I think it should get some kind of Redneck award for creativity, zero emission . Good job.
eems to me that a heavy load would skid the tow vehicle and trailer sideways? OK for lawn mower, but what about a Suburban?

If he were to pull towards the back with loading it would not slide it sideways and could still watch the item being loaded. I want a big noisy smelly diesel fueled engine with lots of carbon used to load with. LOL

(quoted from post at 16:53:07 08/23/21) Have loaded cars, no skidding. Maybe if
trying to load something with no wheels
or dead weight.
ood to know. Just loaded up a Tahoe week ago & seemed like a hard pull.

We have pulled 100 hp plus tractors up onto dove tail trailers using a cable and snatch block. Same principle never had a problem and never skidded the truck or trailer. Tony

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back