release bearing

Can any one tell me how to seperate a release bearing on a Ford 600 tractor. I have a new bearing but I don't know how to seperate the old one so I can use the new one. Gifford
 
Throw-out bearing on the clutch?

Never been inside a Ford, but with most bearings you just drive them out the way they were put in with a hammer and punch.
 
It's probably similar to my Ford 800. I did it with a 1-3/8" socket. I propped the release bearing between two large wood blocks and used the socket to drive the hub out of the bearing inner bore.
850split20.jpg
 
My previous reply assumed you already had the bearing hub assembly out of the tractor. I'm now wondering if you're asking how to remove the hub/bearing assembly from the input shaft.

Does your 600 have a 4 speed trans or a 5 speed? Single clutch or double clutch? My tractor is a 5 speed with single clutch. The inside of the bell housing looks like this:
850split28.jpg width=600

Yours will look similar if you have a 5 speed. It will look a little different if it's a 4 speed. In either case you need to disconnect the release bearing return spring(s). On the 5 speed, it's that coil spring around the shaft on the left of the picture. On a 4 speed there are 2 coil springs on either side of the bearing hub.

Then disconnect the clutch pedal linkage on the left side of the tractor so you can rotate the fork shaft forward until the hub can be pulled off the input shaft.

If you have a dual clutch, your input shaft assembly will look different than this, but the procedure for removing the bearing/hub assembly should be about the same.

Good luck!
 
Thanks a lot I have gotten it out and the new one back. The question I have now is how much fluid will have to put back in since I wasn't able to catch the fluid when I took the tractor apart. I feel like a certain amount of the comes out. Thanks! Gifford
 
The amount will again depend on which transmission you have. The owners manual says a 5 speed gets 8.5 quarts and a 4 speed gets 6.5 quarts.

You can use the trans oil level plug to determine how much to put in. On my 5 speed trans the level plug is that hex head thingy just above the top edge of the running board on the right side of the tractor (see photo below). Pull that plug and pour oil in until it just starts to seep out that hole. Then put the plug back in.
850transfill.jpg width=600
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top