Removing finish mower blade

Chris Morris

New User
I have a bushhog finish mower and I was wondering what is the best way to remove the blades. The blades naturally want to turn when you try to loosen the bolt from the blade. Is there some way to make the blades stationary while you try to loosen the bolt?

Thanks,
Chris
 
Impact wrench.

Or, jam a wooden block between the end of the blade and the rim of the deck to prevent the blade from turning.
 
Use impact wrench. Block of wood will fly out & hit you in your head. Ask ME how I know. Make sure you know if the bolts are right or left hand threads.
 
I always make a special oak block for each of my mower decks, to wedge against each blade and to the mower deck itself. Then loosen/tighten away.

Impacts are great for 3 point mowers but with the mid mount mowers I can't get one on.
 

Rob, I use one of those small, 3/8" butterfly control impact wrenches on my Woods L306. Still need a jack to lift the deck a bit more and gain some clearance. My 1/2" air impact will not fit in any shape or form.
 
Thanks for the replies, I believe I will give the block of wood method a try since I don't own a impact wrench.


Thanks,
Chris
 

i line up 2 blades and put a piece of 4 inch channel iron over the 2 and clamp in place with a C clamp . works for me .
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top