Remus, MI pull this weekend

Superih

We are pulling this weekend at the Remus MI track.

Friday we are pulling trucks, weigh in at 5pm pull starts at 7pm.

Saturday we are pulling tractors, weigh in at 8am pull starts at 10am. This pull is 100% cash payback with additional sponsored money to be paid out. See our website for more info. I noticed that the rules are not enlarging when clicked on so I have the rules and classes attached as text in the body of this post. I can email copies if needed.

www.watapullers.blogspot.com

WATA
Transfer Sled Rules 2011 Remus MI
All Classes:
1. Contestants enter at own risk, must have control of tractor & operate in a safe manner at all times.
2. Driver must remain seated during pull with one hand on the steering wheel at all times.
3. All tractors must weigh prior to hooking to sled. Each tractor allowed one hook per class.
4. Driver must start pull with a tight chain and is allows 75 feet or two tries to move the sled.
5. Tractors specifications- Must be brand name manufacturer.
• Must be two-wheel drive, no radials, duals, chains or steel wheels.
• Must be naturally aspirated, no turbo or blowers unless factory equipped
• Stock fuel only (gas, diesel, or LP). No alcohol, nitro-methane or nitrous.
• May pull in any gear. No shifting of Torque Amplifiers while pulling.
• Speed sensing devices are NOT allowed in any class.
• For all classes below 4500 lb, the Maximum Originally Equipped Cubic Inch Engine allowed is 230 cid.
6. Weights- A one percent margin of error is allowed in all weight classes.
• All weights must be stationary and safely secured to the tractor. Anything falling from the tractor while hooked to the sled results in a disqualification.
• Front weights cannot extend more than 11 feet from the center of rear axle to furthest point forward.
• Rear weights may not extend rearward beyond radius of rear tires.
7. Boundaries- Contact points of the tractor (front & rear tires) must stay inbounds. Chalk-line is out of bounds, touching the chalk-line results in disqualification.
8. Hitch- Hitch height is 20 inches. Drawbar must be rigid in all directions. Opening for hook= 3x3 hole.
9. All rules, problems and oversights will be ruled on by the judges with their decision being final.

Antique Class (3.0 mph)
Classes: 3200, 3700, 4200, 4700, 5200, 6200, 6700, 7200
1. Safety Equipment- Fenders and wheelie bars are not required, but highly recommended.
2. Year- Manufactured in or before 1957 including total production run of the model.
3. RPM’s- 10% over stock RPM’s for the model (no load M&W RPM chart)
4. Speed- 3.0 mph allowed. Third horn blow results in disqualification.
5. Tire Size- 15.5-38 max size. Tire Cut- Top cut only no full cut tires. No restrictions on the tops of lugs. Front of lugs and casings between lugs cannot be altered.
6. Hitch- No higher than 20 inches and no less than 24 inches from the center of the rear axle.

Antique Plus Class (4.5 mph)
Classes: 3750, 4000, 4250, 5000, 5500, 6000
1. Safety Equipment- Working kill switch, fenders and wheelie bars are mandatory. Wheelie bars must be independent of hitch, at least 4 inches behind tires, no higher than 10 inches from the ground, 20 inches apart and must be able to support the weight of the tractor in its heaviest class.
2. Any agricultural updraft carburetor allowed. Number of barrels, throats, venture must be same as the stock carburetor for the make and model of tractor.
3. Year- Manufactured in or before 1957 including total production run of the model.
4. RPM’s- 20% over stock RPM’s for the model (no load M&W RPM chart)
5. Speed- 4.5 mph allowed. Third horn blow results in disqualification
6. Tire Size- 18.4-38 max size. Tire Cut- Any cut allowed
7. Hitch- No higher than 20 inches and no less than 18 inches from the center of the rear axle.

Open Class (No speed limit)
Classes: 4500, 5500, 6500
1. Safety Equipment- Working kill switch, fenders and wheelie bars are mandatory. Wheelie bars must be independent of hitch, at least 4 inches behind tires, no higher than 10 inches from the ground, 20 inches apart and must be able to support the weight of the tractor in its heaviest class.
2. Any agricultural updraft carburetor allowed. Number of barrels, throats, venture must be same as the stock carburetor for the make and model of tractor.
3. RPM’s- 20% over stock RPM’s for the model (no load M&W RPM chart)
4. Tire Size- 18.4-38 max size. Tire Cut- Any cut allowed
5. Hitch- No higher than 20 inches and not less than 18 inches from the center of the rear axle.[/url]

whats the bs rules as far as 230cid in the 4500 and less....not everyone has the money to hot rod stuff like you guys do...

I work 3rd shift if I SHOW UP AFTER THE PULL STARTS WILL I STILL BE ABLE TO PULL IN 6000LBS PLUS 6500 OPEN CLASSES

Im not saying that the rule is BS but I
do believe John Deere A's should be allowed. Even if you built the best running A in the world it would still make less power then a big H or 77.

(quoted from post at 16:53:40 08/31/11) I work 3rd shift if I SHOW UP AFTER THE PULL STARTS WILL I STILL BE ABLE TO PULL IN 6000LBS PLUS 6500 OPEN CLASSES

As long as you are signed up before the class starts you are welcome to pull.

(quoted from post at 19:53:00 08/31/11) Im not saying that the rule is BS but I
do believe John Deere A's should be allowed. Even if you built the best running A in the world it would still make less power then a big H or 77.

You make a good point. The reason for the rule is to keep M's and 88's out of the light classes. We will work something out saturday if you bring your A.

(quoted from post at 14:34:12 08/31/11) whats the bs rules as far as 230cid in the 4500 and less....not everyone has the money to hot rod stuff like you guys do...

1st a little reading comprehension would have saved you the tears of crying on here and me the time writing this, the rule states less than 4500 lb.

2nd I am sorry that the boys in Remus bust their a$$ to build good running tractors, if you can't run with them work harder or have fun just getting the opportunity to pull, but for gods sake don't come and start whining, cause we will show you the road and tell you to not come back. We have fair rules and good competition, and we always make sure we are having fun.

I agree with Josh this rule has been overlooked for to long. A good running A having most of its original mass in the center of the tractor vs. an 88 or M with that big ole heavy motor sticking out front, yeah I'll take balance any day. Maybe just have a test pull of a couple of classes and get some opinoins say #3750/#4000.

You guys do a great job and we always have a blast. Keep up the good work! "Go Green"

(quoted from post at 10:13:10 09/01/11) I agree with Josh this rule has been overlooked for to long. A good running A having most of its original mass in the center of the tractor vs. an 88 or M with that big ole heavy motor sticking out front, yeah I'll take balance any day. Maybe just have a test pull of a couple of classes and get some opinoins say #3750/#4000.

You guys do a great job and we always have a blast. Keep up the good work! "Go Green"

Thanks for the compliments, although I am confused by your comments. Are you saying that you want to pull a John Deere A against an M or 88 in the 4000 lb class?

I would have to say the Best and Funnest pull of the year! I look forward to this pull every year. Thanks to all WATA members for your work!
Rob MacKenzie

Yes thats what I'm saying I dont mind pulling against these guys. Most times these guys (88 and M's) would be set up to pull in the larger classes or 5000 to 7000 lbs with possibly heavier weight brackets and certainly 18.4-38 tires. Yes I know they could still make weight but your not going to load that 18.4 in that light of a class meaning more than likely its going to float and not get ahold of the track. Back in the day before this 230 ci rule came around the A's used to raise a lot of hell in these classes and it made for a good show. The guys that were light and made a lot of power like the 88's usually just filled the sled operators lap with dirt.
Not trying to open a can of worms here but I think you would be suprised on what you would find if you tested it with some good equipment.

(quoted from post at 23:53:00 08/31/11) Im not saying that the rule is BS but I
Typically I see rules are made for other tractor brands, to the expense of John Deere.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back