Replace tires?

The opinion of running an old tire will vary by each and every individual here, but here's one more good reason to at least have a fairly newer tire on your vehicle:
My daughter lives in Phoenix. She's single, has her own house and makes enough money to make your head spin, but still drives a 2003 Ford Escape. (She can afford about anything, but I guess I need not say she's pretty frugal) Anyway, during the massive heat they had last summer, she hit some debris and had a tire blowout on a busy street. She just happened to be a 1/2 block away from a tire store that's a national chain. So she walked to the store and told them what had happened. She said she would buy a new tire (or was it four?) if they would send a guy to install her spare so she could drive it to their store. The store manager sent an employee to her vehicle and he commenced to installing the spare. He dropped the spare and suddenly stopped. He noticed that her vehicle had the original spare on it AND WOULD NOT FINISH INSTALLING IT for liability sake because it was too old.. She begged and pleaded with him to install it. Nope. She told him to install it and then HE could drive it to the shop. Nope, even though they were only a half a block away from the store. My daughter then had to get a co-worker to finish putting the spare on because some knucklehead had previously put the tire on with an impact and she couldn't break the lug nuts loose.
Lawyers run this
Doctor?

Never have a single problem either
Lots of people can't afford new tires so they get old tires with 1/2 tread and run them until bald with no problem. We can't worry about the 1 out of 100 situations can we? There are a lot of paces selling used tires.

Lots of people can't afford new tires so they get old tires with 1/2 tread and run them until bald with no problem. We can't worry about the 1 out of 100 situations can we? There are a lot of paces selling used tires.
Hi Showcrop- good to "see" you back! Sadly, you Still seam unable to make an intelligent and consistent point. Just to get you up to speed: One can worry about '1 in 100 situations". I trust you are no engineer. The whole point is that a man is allowed ones Bains and experience. Fun fact- Brains ain't a swear word, Showguy!. "Rules-O-thumb" do have their place, especially when quick decisions are to be made, with limited information, and - or experience. Routine tire change-out need not apply, at least outside of war zones. Far less than Rocket Science.

Hi Showcrop- good to "see" you back! Sadly, you Still seam unable to make an intelligent and consistent point. Just to get you up to speed: One can worry about '1 in 100 situations". I trust you are no engineer. The whole point is that a man is allowed ones Bains and experience. Fun fact- Brains ain't a swear word, Showguy!. "Rules-O-thumb" do have their place, especially when quick decisions are to be made, with limited information, and - or experience. Routine tire change-out need not apply, at least outside of war zones. Far less than Rocket Science.
So sorry but I will need to have some help to interpret you post. You must mean seems instead of seams which is what holds your pants together. Actually I studied engineering at the University of NH but that was many years ago. Now the part about "getting me up to speed:" is telling me that you did not catch on that I was being facetious, which of course I didn't expect that you would. That probably is not taught until probably junior year of high school, and probably never in many schools these days. You have totally lost me though with "allowed ones Bains and experience". I can't dig any meaning out of it or connection to anything before or after. Maybe you should get your mommy to proof-read before hitting post reply.

So sorry but I will need to have some help to interpret you post. You must mean seems instead of seams which is what holds your pants together. Actually I studied engineering at the University of NH but that was many years ago. Now the part about "getting me up to speed:" is telling me that you did not catch on that I was being facetious, which of course I didn't expect that you would. That probably is not taught until probably junior year of high school, and probably never in many schools these days. You have totally lost me though with "allowed ones Bains and experience". I can't dig any meaning out of it or connection to anything before or after. Maybe you should get your mommy to proof-read before hitting post reply.
Odd, Showcrop- You chose to dwell upon procreation and (your?) mommy in a basic post regarding the predicted reliability of ones used light duty truck tires. Probably good that you at least now admit that you do "need to have some help". Alas, with your mind on the above, I am not the person to aid you today. I trust in these 'don't ask, don't tell' times that another may assist you.

I read it through but found no support for "dry rot internally".
Actually, by definition it states cracking of the sidewall on page 14 at the bottom of the page. That is by Goggle definition, dry rotting. Regardless of definition, the point was age related degradation of the tire and the need for removal.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back