Replacing new plug wires

I will be helping my Dad work on our 8N this weekend changing to an electronic ignition. I am changing the plug wires and spark plugs and this tractor has a front mount distributor. I want to make sure we wire the plug wires correct. Does anyone have a picture of where the 4 wires go and is plug #1 closest to the front of the tractor and then go from 1-4 to the back? Thanks for your help!
 
This should help for the front mount dist. wiring.

Gary
Firing20Order.gif
 
ricky, i would suggest to change one thing at a time ie, start with elec. ignition and be sure it runs before changeing anything else. if you change everything and it wont run, then you dont know what to fix. RP
 
I put on the new electronic ignition and changed the plugs. What a great feeling to hear the tractor start again and purr like a cat. I would like to thank all the help I have recieved especially Andy who I bought the kit from. If you have any problems with your distributor on a front mount, I believe going to the electronic ignition is the way to go. If you have any questions, contact Andy (918-274-8000). Again thanks to everyone involved.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top