Reply to question about 1st tantrum

Nancy Howell

Well-known Member
Actually, the Chevy was the 3rd. Second is related to the first. First had to do with a worthless, no good neighbor who had taken advantage of my generosity for years and just ignored me when I said no politely. He has horses, too. I swear he had a motion sensor pointed to my barn. Every time I would hook up the trailer, I'd look at my watch to see how long before the phone rang and guess who. He would say "I see you're hooking up the trailer? Everything ok? Oh, you're going somewhere, can we go?" It was funny at first, but got old. He never paid gas, etc., and always made me late getting where I needed to go. The time that caused the tantrum, I'd had enough and told him he could go if he could be ready in 20 minutes. I was politely saying no by putting a condition on his going I knew he couldn't meet. He ignored that and said he had to make a couple of phone calls. I lost it in the tack room. Stomped, cussed, yelled, threw things. Went to the house and hubby knew I was hot. He said call him up and tell him I said you're not trailering other people's horses. I did and that put an end to that which is another reason why this neighbor hates my hubby. That's the last time he ever tried to bum a ride. He would never listen to me, I always had to get James involved to get his mooching stopped. Second is a long story, too, but this same neighbor pushed my flash button. If you treat a woman's family ugly, you better be ready to deal with her protective instincts. This jerk did something underhanded and ugly to my hubby. He's a wimpy, sorry excuse for a male (won't compliment him by referring to him as man). It had been 4 yrs since he had been ugly to James and I had waited patiently for him to make the first move. It all boiled over when he cussed my horses which were on my property having a good romp. I came around the side of the barn with steam coming from my ears and let him have 4 yrs of pent up anger. He had some "secrets" he didn't know I knew, but he does now. The only reason I didn't go over the fence and beat the snot out of him was I have an hot wire on the fence and you can't climb the fence without getting charged. Hubby came up and tried to pull me away, but I wasn't done yet. He's the only person I have ever cussed in my life and as a Christian I should be sorry, but dadgum it felt good. This male is a mooch who lies and scams people by telling them he has a theraputic riding program for kids and solicits donations. He singles out women because he knows how to play on our emotions. We are not on speaking terms and I intend to keep it that way. He's not liked in the community and I know at least 2 feed stores that won't let him in the door. I know at least one vet had to sue him to get paid.
 
i dont blame ya; theres people like that everywhere. All you can do is hope they straighten themselves out
 
My next door neighbors have fiestas every saturday night. They all have low rider pickups with big boom boxes. They like beer and jalepeno peppers for dinner. Thankfully, they disappear from the property during the winter.

Who are my neighbors?

MEXICANS. 'bout 20 of them in a 600 sq. foot house.

Don't you complain too much.
 
I have neighbors on two sides that if I called and said, "I need you here in 5 minutes, its an emergency, bring lawyers, guns and money", they would be here in 3, equipped as requested, no questions asked. I've had good neighbors, and I've had bad, and believe me, good neighbors are best. Its especially satisfying if they can cook, and are not shy about sharing their abilities. I sympathize with all of you who have bad neighbors.
 
Jeeze, i sympathize, been there done that. I'm lucky, i have the best neighbors and know really good people on here
 
Dear Lord;

You have always blessed me with the best neighbors a man could ask for. I promise to never take them for granted again.

Amen!
 
The sorry neighbor is in Dallas. Our farm in e. Tx has some of the best folks God ever gave life to. I know if we called and said help, they'd be there because we have called and they came.
 
Have you tried buying him out? Worked for my grandparents! They got so sick and tired of the neighbor calling the sheriff's department because the bull "looked at him mean" or the rooster "crows to early" that one day my grandmother lost her cool and marched over and asked him point blank, "How much money will it take to buy your farm and get you out of here for good?" He gave a price of $25,000 cash for the buildings (not much) and 120 acres. Grandma said give me an hour to get to town and I'll be back with my lawyer and your money. She did it too! My grandpa said the look on that man's face was priceless. He took the money and moved 1000 miles west. That was 25 years ago.
 
Hi Nancy,

Dang gril, take a chill pill as we've all had neighbors like that at some time and there's no use getting upset.

One neighbor was in a bad way and asked to borrow 5gal of gasoline. Well he found out where I stored it and came back for mid-night seconds. I caught him the 3rd time and a blast into the air with the shotgun, he didn't come back for the fourth can.

"good friends" of 15yrs called me when I was in the hospital with a newly broken leg with a halo brace with 1/4" lag bolts screwed into the bone in three places. They just wanted to know if I could fix there AC unit as they were hot...LMAO

T_Bone
 
Like Mike {WA} we have neighbors that just show up equiped as needed. Would help any one of them if they needed it too and they know it. Course it don't hurt to be the only one in the neighborhood with 5/6 tractors to borrow. Love my neighbors as they love me. I hope
 
TBone, you did everything right except the firing in the air part. I would have stuck birdshot in his lower parts for the hospital to dig out one by one. That would have taught him a lesson. If I get one of my guns out, you can bet I will protect what's mine, and I aint firing into the air. Tom
 
If I could afford it I would own about 2 square miles of land and put a wall around it that looks like the great wall of china. Then I would build a house right in the middle of it surrounded by pine trees all around it. Like somthing Ted Nugent would have here in Michigan!
 
Come on Tom, think about that for a bit, kill someone over a $15 theft??? Or for any amount of money??? That would make you no better than him would it not?

With my way, I was giving him the idea that stealing was not the correct thing to do and he got the point and problem was solved. It's a shame tho cause all he had to do was ask me again and I'd gave him another 10gal.

T_Bone
 
It was your fault T_Bone, you empowered him and thereafter owed him the gas. Ask anyone on the government dole and they will tell you it's true.
 
Nancy,

I'm in Dallas, and back in the eighties, I use to go to Emory almost every wknd. to see friends and ride horse,sure was some fun times and I liked the people there in Rains county

~Will
 
one word- Trees -plant as many and as prickly as you can between you and the neighbor. Best thing I ever did- not only hides their dump but provides a noise barrier. Fast growing cedar worked best for me..
 
...better yet, plant firethorn. Foresty service uses it to stabilize burned over areas. Grows fast, is thick/hedge-like, has 1 - 2" thorns. Great for keeping the neighbors away
 
Tbone, I did not say to kill him. I said to stick some birdshot in deep enough to send him to the hospital to have it picked out one pellet at a time. He would have never forgotten again that bad acts bring consequences. You could have shot low to only hit him in the legs. Police could have picked him up at the local emergency room. People that steal need to pay the price for their crimes. The local TV and newspaper accounts of him getting his just deserts, would have prevented numerous other unrelated crimes. But I see your point, we just differ on what he deserved. Tom
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top