You will like it. Almost 42 years that's a long time. I thought 36 years for me was a long time, you have me beat. I have been retired about 15 years. StanWell after 41 years and 10 months come September 30th I'm retiring. After losing my wife in 2021 if something would happen to me all my retirement and social security would just be gone. So I'm cashing in at 62 which I'll be on September 13th. It's kind scary since I've worked ever since I was 16 at a full time job. But with all of that time I can do the landscaping around my house I moved into a year ago. And to keep it tractor related I'll have no excuse not to fix everything on my 640 and 3000 that needs done. Not to mention getting the 230 MF put back together and get the Jubilee and other 3000 fixed. I'll probably be on here a lot more to. My dog Luke will be happy and I'm sure he'll be right beside me all the time! Wish me luck and prayers to adjust and be alright. Thanks.
I'll bet that you will find yourself driving to the landing to check up on the guys to make sure that they are gittin it done!Well after 41 years and 10 months come September 30th I'm retiring. After losing my wife in 2021 if something would happen to me all my retirement and social security would just be gone. So I'm cashing in at 62 which I'll be on September 13th. It's kind scary since I've worked ever since I was 16 at a full time job. But with all of that time I can do the landscaping around my house I moved into a year ago. And to keep it tractor related I'll have no excuse not to fix everything on my 640 and 3000 that needs done. Not to mention getting the 230 MF put back together and get the Jubilee and other 3000 fixed. I'll probably be on here a lot more to. My dog Luke will be happy and I'm sure he'll be right beside me all the time! Wish me luck and prayers to adjust and be alright. Thanks.
Yes I work for the State of Tennessee and I can keep my insurance for what I pay now until I'm 65 they'll take it out of my retirement check. Then at 65 I can turn it into a supplemental to go with Medicare. I got a lot to do around my place I've got 11 acres and a bunch of stuff I want to build and do. Staying busy won't be a problem.I agree, retirement is great, have been enjoying it for 11years now. Retired at 64. A couple of things though. First you need to have a plan to keep busy and interested. Not just a couple of projects you don't have time for now but on going interests. Second, have you a plan for health care? Medicare isn't available until you are 65 and health care is expensive. Eleven yrs. ago I bought it through the COBRA plan from my employer and it was around $800 a month back then which I paid for 8 or so months so I could be retired for the summer.
Sounds like you are good!Yes I have lots to do to keep me occupied. I lost my wife in 21 to that we can't speak of. We to had been planning it. Thanks.
All the best with your decision to retire..........Well after 41 years and 10 months come September 30th I'm retiring. After losing my wife in 2021 if something would happen to me all my retirement and social security would just be gone. So I'm cashing in at 62 which I'll be on September 13th. It's kind scary since I've worked ever since I was 16 at a full time job. But with all of that time I can do the landscaping around my house I moved into a year ago. And to keep it tractor related I'll have no excuse not to fix everything on my 640 and 3000 that needs done. Not to mention getting the 230 MF put back together and get the Jubilee and other 3000 fixed. I'll probably be on here a lot more to. My dog Luke will be happy and I'm sure he'll be right beside me all the time! Wish me luck and prayers to adjust and be alright. Thanks.
Yeah! Happy for you! I just turned 62 and I'm counting the days as well but I think I need two more years before I bite the bullet and buy medical insurance. My wife is 20 month younger than I. But I think we've done a good enough job saving and planning to pull this off. I have a lot of things I want to do at our acreage too and i certainly don't think i will be bored.Well after 41 years and 10 months come September 30th I'm retiring. After losing my wife in 2021 if something would happen to me all my retirement and social security would just be gone. So I'm cashing in at 62 which I'll be on September 13th. It's kind scary since I've worked ever since I was 16 at a full time job. But with all of that time I can do the landscaping around my house I moved into a year ago. And to keep it tractor related I'll have no excuse not to fix everything on my 640 and 3000 that needs done. Not to mention getting the 230 MF put back together and get the Jubilee and other 3000 fixed. I'll probably be on here a lot more to. My dog Luke will be happy and I'm sure he'll be right beside me all the time! Wish me luck and prayers to adjust and be alright. Thanks.
Neighbor of mine said,,,if I spend my last dime on the day I die,,,,,just right.Yeah! Happy for you! I just turned 62 and I'm counting the days as well but I think I need two more years before I bite the bullet and buy medical insurance. My wife is 20 month younger than I. But I think we've done a good enough job saving and planning to pull this off. I have a lot of things I want to do at our acreage too and i certainly don't think i will be bored.
Well congratulations , if you get bored you can always drive on up to Dover Tn and help me out. Had a heart problem 15 years ago , turned the dealership over to the younger generation. Never looked back now stay busier than ever but do it at my one pace. Get you some coffee friends , to keep up the morning gossip then work on those projects. have fun and enjoyWell after 41 years and 10 months come September 30th I'm retiring. After losing my wife in 2021 if something would happen to me all my retirement and social security would just be gone. So I'm cashing in at 62 which I'll be on September 13th. It's kind scary since I've worked ever since I was 16 at a full time job. But with all of that time I can do the landscaping around my house I moved into a year ago. And to keep it tractor related I'll have no excuse not to fix everything on my 640 and 3000 that needs done. Not to mention getting the 230 MF put back together and get the Jubilee and other 3000 fixed. I'll probably be on here a lot more to. My dog Luke will be happy and I'm sure he'll be right beside me all the time! Wish me luck and prayers to adjust and be alright. Thanks.
Best of luck to you. Sorry about your wife. I'm right behind you. Have fun, you've earned it.Well after 41 years and 10 months come September 30th I'm retiring. After losing my wife in 2021 if something would happen to me all my retirement and social security would just be gone. So I'm cashing in at 62 which I'll be on September 13th. It's kind scary since I've worked ever since I was 16 at a full time job. But with all of that time I can do the landscaping around my house I moved into a year ago. And to keep it tractor related I'll have no excuse not to fix everything on my 640 and 3000 that needs done. Not to mention getting the 230 MF put back together and get the Jubilee and other 3000 fixed. I'll probably be on here a lot more to. My dog Luke will be happy and I'm sure he'll be right beside me all the time! Wish me luck and prayers to adjust and be alright. Thanks.
Retire when you can they say. I'll let you know in about 20 years.Best of luck to you. Sorry about your wife. I'm right behind you. Have fun, you've earned it.
We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.
Copyright © 1997-2025 Yesterday's Tractor Co.
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.
Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters
Website Accessibility Policy