Return of Lady Bugs.

Geo-TH,In

About 5 years ago we were plagued with Lady Bugs and they weren't lady like, bite.
Then stink bugs took over. I put a bug zapper in pole barn. Now I have about 2 inches of stink bugs in a container below zapper. Nothing like the smell of fired stink bugs.

Yesterday it was in the 60's. I opened the pole barn door and there were Lady bugs trying to get in. Haven't seen so many lady bugs in a few years.

Things are so bad in pole barn, everything has to be put in tool boxes or coffee cans. I even put a screens around motors, grinders, air compressor motor. Nothing like turning on air compressor and sting bug parts come flying out.

Now I have both Lady bugs and stink bugs. Nothing like living in the middle of corn and bean fields.

Go to your local feed store or co-op and get some Demon. It comes in a package of 4 little soluble bags. each bags is good for a gallon of water. Start spraying everything, outside of buildings, inside, anywhere those things are. It last for about 3 months. If those bugs land on it, they are dead. I've been doing this for years. works excellent. my brother used to hire a guy to do his house every year for $150. Since I told him about Demon, he does it himself. cost under $10. By the way those lady bugs that bite are probably Asian beetles. They bite and stink when you crush them.

....I know you don't like them, but....might be time to put some hedge balls on the floor to see what happens.

Our house is bug proof. I saw to that when I installed new windows and doors.

My pole barn is another issue. Too many places for bugs to get in.
No plans to spray barn, too big.

Kent,

I also use Demon to control bugs. Yesterday, little bugs that look like lady bugs swarmed around our house. Here in Middle Tennessee, we actually refer to the little biters as Asian Beetles.

I sprayed the outside of our house and then came back a couple of hours later and vacuumed up the dead bugs. Literally, I vacuumed hundreds of the little buggers. I ran out of Demon so I'm going to the Farmers Co-Op this morning to get some more.

Tom in TN

I spray Bifenthrin around my doors on the house and it stops the bugs when they try to get in.
I spray the door frame between the storm door and the main door and we we have swept out hundreds of stink bugs this year from between the doors.
It has no odor and is even safe to use in restaurant kitchens.
Only need to let it dry before pets or children get near it.
It is very cheap and easy to use in a one gallon sprayer.
You could spay it around your shop doors while they are shut.

I use Home Defense. Can be purchased almost everywhere. Get the gallon size with the battery powered sprayer. Shoots up 15-20 feet. Works like a charm. Those ladybugs are beneficial, by the way, and, with all of the soybeans grown in Indiana, it's no wonder you have so many. They help keep soybean fields clean, especially of aphid larvae. Next year apply the Home Defense well in advance of their entry into your buildings. They come in at a time determined by their little body clocks to harbor for the coming winter.

I'll take a penny a piece for all we have in W. KY. but you have to catch & load. :) Showed up Saturday and brought their families and friends.

Box up those lady bugs, and send them to the west coast. The nurseries sell boxed up lady bugs. They eat aphid bugs off plants. I can't believe I actually purchased a box of them years ago. I Put them on the our rose plants. The next day they were mostly all gone. At least they could have stayed around for a few days, since I set them free. Stan

If the marking on your lady bugs head resembles an M it is an Asian Lady beetle. Not only will they bite you but they are also harmful to dogs.

If the marking on your lady bugs head resembles an M it is an Asian Lady beetle. Not only will they bite you but they are also harmful to dogs.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back