Anonymous-0
Well-known Member
I'm sorry for the O/T.
My 2000 S-10 ZR2 with 4.3 has some serious trans problems. Last night, about 15 degrees, I was coming home from work and the trans was slipping awful above 40 mph. It would slip at any speed if I put my foot down.
For the last couple weeks it had been "missing" under a load, but I figured it was the engine just not running right. Now I think the trans has been slipping a little bit when it's cold. All day it's fine, but it would slip in the morning. Well, last night when the truck was cold I was barely able to limp it home at 15 mph.
I checked the fluid last night and it was quite low, so I was hoping that it just needed fluid. This morning I put two quarts Dexron-Mercon in and same thing...still slipping.
Could it be there's some ice in the trans that freezes and screws things up? Any other ideas as to what's broken?
I plan on pulling the pan and changing filter and fluid. That I can do myself, but I'd like some more ideas. Guess I'll be returning the gun I bought last night. Gotta fix a transmission. Please help. Thank you!
My 2000 S-10 ZR2 with 4.3 has some serious trans problems. Last night, about 15 degrees, I was coming home from work and the trans was slipping awful above 40 mph. It would slip at any speed if I put my foot down.
For the last couple weeks it had been "missing" under a load, but I figured it was the engine just not running right. Now I think the trans has been slipping a little bit when it's cold. All day it's fine, but it would slip in the morning. Well, last night when the truck was cold I was barely able to limp it home at 15 mph.
I checked the fluid last night and it was quite low, so I was hoping that it just needed fluid. This morning I put two quarts Dexron-Mercon in and same thing...still slipping.
Could it be there's some ice in the trans that freezes and screws things up? Any other ideas as to what's broken?
I plan on pulling the pan and changing filter and fluid. That I can do myself, but I'd like some more ideas. Guess I'll be returning the gun I bought last night. Gotta fix a transmission. Please help. Thank you!