Saturday Silo

Majorman

Today you get two for one. I like art from Vincent Van Gogh and Monet through to a little known Dutch artist called Joopi Housman who painted every day objects in great detail. In one painting he painted every stich and thread. Of all the silo's I saw in Australia I think these two are my favourites. They are in a small village, in a goods yard and are so hard to see but I think they are something special.

cvphoto128467.jpg

Silo

Painting the details is what I consider great art!

There is an art museum near here, I don't recall the artists name, but they have some of his work that is detailed down to the most miniscule detail!

One is a painting of a $5 bill. It looks exactly like the real thing! Story is the government was bragging about their new improved printing process that would make counterfeiting impossible. Supposedly this is the bill the artist hand painted and mailed to the treasury with a note 'You mean like this?'

They were so embarrassed at first, they wanted to bring charges against him, but realized that would only bring more attention to their incompetence.

There is another large painting by the same artist of a man reading a newspaper. On the table is an ash tray with a lit cigar that has rolled off onto the paper on the table and burning a hole in the paper. It is so real looking your first instinct is something needs to be done here!

The paper he is reading is the want ads. You can read every word, see every detail of the paper, the fire on the cigar, the man's face, eyes, individual hairs, clothes, is in the painting!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back