Scammer on Yesterdays tractors?

Dan J

I have an ad in classified that I would like a pair of 28" rims for my Oliver 60. Got an email from "Andrew" to see if I still need them. E-mailed back yes I do. Said he had a pair for $240 in perfect condition included shipping. He also stated that he would ship UPS or FEDEX and would accept only wire transfer for the payment. That and the fact that he was e-mailing from UK threw up some flags. Asked him the width and to send photos. No photos, ignored width but stated in perfect condition.
Sorry Andrew, I know the address is New York and we are all city boys (I live 400 miles from the city) but I did not fall off a turnip truck lately. I have had people go out of their way on this site to help me and I hope I have helped a few in return, but this is my first scam for tractor parts. Sorry for the long rant but scammers annoy me no end and what I really think of them would not and should not be printed. Ok, done now. Dan J

I got them same kind of hit for my "wanted Tires", can't understand why they are "so dumb". Showing for one: located in the UK. Do I still need them? Are they "NUTS"? Any one else having the same problem?

I had the same type of deal about someone wanting to know if I still need the pan seat for a 770 I had posted an ad for. Also from the UK, If we post a want ad and it is recent, I take that to believe we want what we are posting an ad looking for. The response just didn't seem right.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back