series 1 td6 starter drive

kz1000

Hi folks,
I know there have been talks in the past on this, but hope that someone has new answers. My td6 starter drive is spinning past again, I have pulled in apart twice and worked on it but think this is the end. Has anyone come up with one that will work on the old series one (1949)? I have wondered if it is possible to tack well it, being as it is a manual engage? starter is a 1108940.

If the tack weld will disable the over running feature of the drive I would suggest that it is not tried. When the engine fires and the drive is engaged the over-running clutch protect the armature from being spun to fast. If it spins fast enough the armature windings can literally be spun apart from the centrifugal force. You can’t be guaranteed that you can pull it out fast enough to protect it from this.

Thanks for the reply. At best the old critter turns 500 rpms when started on gas, once it warms up it might reach 700. It has a tendency to shove the drive out while starting so must have some bevel to it. Never have figured out why the drive that's in it is new still (but no numbers) and nothing like the ones for sale with the center spring.

Thanks for the reply. At best the old critter turns 500 rpms when started on gas, once it warms up it might reach 700. It has a tendency to shove the drive out while starting so must have some bevel to it. Never have figured out why the drive that's in it is new still (but no numbers) and nothing like the ones for sale with the center spring.
If the ring gear is OK and the clutch type starter drive is not available fot the front mounted starter, New old stock search may be needed. Jim

Go to DB Electrical and punch in this Delco # 1941157. I think this may be what you need. This # should get you there too.PP54-113-D. No guarantees.

1108940 starter uses a 1932606
or Wilson # D870 ,old numbering system.
eBay has one but seller says open box and not 100% sure it is correct part in box. He is not giving it away either.

I'll pass that on to the new owner, old girl is heading for Kentucky to a new owner. Thank you for the information, always wondered if I could change the gear or something.

I have the drive startor 9 tooths and the center hole is 1/2 inch
That's what I thought, the drive gear is a nine tooth not 12 or 10. I will give the new owner all of the info that I receive from you folks. I have removed that starter for the last time. lol

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back