Service Dept. update

M Nut

Well-known Member
Well, I talked to the Owner of the dealer this morning, and he honored the 1/2 hour labor quote for testing the hydraulics on the 3500 Ford tractor. He was very polite and easy to deal with. I appreciated that. He is going to install a new pump, bleed the system and check the relief valve for $725 total. I have it in writing. The $725 includes the $200+ that I supposedly owed for yesterday's diagnosis. I had priced pumps at several places already, and none were under $525, so with what I owed, and what they will do as far as installation and checking the relief valve, I agreed to have them go ahead. I guess it pays to go directly to the owner. Thanks to those that offered advice. I live in a small town, have a job that requires interaction with many people in the community, and don't want to have bad feelings. I am satisfied, the dealer is satisfied, and I'm looking forward to having the tractor in usable condition.
 
...And everyone lived happily ever after. Hehe I'm glad it all worked out.

I had a small dispute with a transmission shop over my S-10 that I was whining about a few weeks ago. They came back to my house, picked up my truck again, and finished fixing it free of charge. I was happy. I doubt if they were, though.
 
Good to see th owner is an honerable man about the whole deal. I"ll bet someone in the shop gets or has already gotten their a$$ chewed out over the deal so maybe it won"t happen to the next guy through the door.
 
Good for you! Hope they get it fixed quickly. Hate it when my tractor isn't parked in its spot. My JD 48 A was down for over a month. Got it back last week. Sure glad to have it sitting out in the tractor shed again.
 
I wouldn't bet against you. Sometimes it's best to be real polite and see what happens when talking to someone higher up. If then you have problems, go for the throat. Somebody must have figured they'd get brownie points for making the dealership some extra money. The price sure came down didn't it? Good for you and the owner. Worked out for both. Dave
 
Good deal. The next job the technician does, maybe he will think twice about dragging his feet to do a job, because not only does the shop charges book rate, the technician is PAYED by book rate. It looks good on him, to work for 3 hours for free. There are way too many shops, and technicians that try and get away with it. Putting parts on something that wasn't authorized, or labour that wasn't authorized.
Bruce.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top