Servis G140 Brush cutter?

Group,

I have one of these and I broke a yoke that comes off the main gearbox. Weird yoke that is tapered with a 5/16 keyway that fits over the shaft coming off the main gearbox to the outrigger gearboxes. I called one place but This seems like it is one of these parts that are made of unobtanium. Any ideas where I can get parts for this old beast? Great brush cutter but if I can't get it fixed I will be pretty upset. Any and all help appreciated.

Sam

I know I will get a lot of bbla bla bla but if you have the old ear just vee it out and weld it back on for a new universal point and be on your way. I would leave enough for it to set on the old surface for alignment to weld. It will burn in enough that the little amount you leave for this will still hold fine. You can grind off the large excess for balance when done. As soon as I was done welding I would check for hole alignment and then quench in oil. Just dip it a few times don't drop in and leave. It will work as a fix or, till you can find a new one.

Caterpillar Guy, I wish I could just weld it but the yoke got twisted and has the U joint part broke in half. If would if I could. I have a line on a replacement from my Local Massy Dealer. He is ordering the part in and we will see if it will work for me.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back