Sewage sludge

The same guy went to some huge bakery and bought piles of stale or bad donuts and fed them to his hogs now that sounds better lol

John T

People pay quite a bit for Milorganite which is processed poo from Milwaukee. It is baked or dried but still basically what it started as.

I was told by the former mayor of Terre Haute the same pipes are used for sewage and rainwater.

Too much rain and both rainwater and untreated sewage is dumped into the Wabash river.

,,..... thats true, I saw it on tv....,, Good one! I saw on tv that gas was cheap and the border was secure. Whew! Im glad thats over!

We build water treatment and wastewater treatment plants, no way is the city going pay to treat rainwater. And it will quickly overwhelm a plant. We have built them for Topeka, Tulsa, Wichita, Oklahoma City, Salina, Hutchinson, Abilene, Manhattan, Lawrence, and hundreds of other cities. You just can't send rainwater down the sewer lines - first they are not big enough, and the run off from a city with huge areas cover by buildings and pavement is tremendous - much more than a simple rain on open pasture or worked ground. Every single rain event would result in a huge release of water and sewage - not to mention the fact that the plants that use microbes to break down sewage would end up with a plant that wouldn't work.

The City of Topeka has an issue with their lines breaking - the plant near Shunga Creek seems to keep breaking pipes and releasing sewage into the creek that flows to the Kansas River. Every time it breaks they issue a warning to stay way from the Creek and for God's sake don't go into the water. They don't issue that warning every time it rains.

As for a mayor not knowing his infrastructure - a guy can own a home and not know where his water lines and sewer lines are. The head of the utilities department knows the infrastructure - the mayor knows when the Farmer's Market opens.

I appreciate the discussion.

I have seen some bottled water company or two that does the waste water to bottled water deal.

I also just saw where folks pay money to sit in a uranium mine for health improvement reasons. There are a lot of totally opposite type situations, keeps life interesting.

There is way way way more bypass sewage flowing through the country than most must realize. Happens about every rainstorm that goes by. I know it is well hidden from public knowledge and the news either doesnt mention it or uses the code word of bypass, but the truth is septic water running straight into the waterways. Many cities have 100 or more days allowed in their permits. The key here is to get your state permit set up to allow it, govt approved and carry on.

It has changed and new construction avoids this as much as practical, but any development that goes back the the 1980s likely isnt well designed. And even the new setups have troubles from time to time.

Appreciate the discussion, room for all ideas and views and I think we all want to make life better, its good to keep in mind the different ways to get there and how to do so.

Paul

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back