Sharing a picture

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
This message is a reply to an archived post by Brodes on December 30, 2008 at 09:08:35.
The original subject was "Sharing a picture".

Brodes,
Kids just seem to gravitate to tractors, especially the old ones they can easily climb onto. Soon they will be driving it. What part of the world are you from. We have the snow and the brush piles to burn! Keep taking the pictures.

You may find pictures of me and my kids in the archives. "reading on a fergie" and "winter fun on a fergie" are topics that come to mind.
My mother has empheyzema and I drove her around our property to show her my projects and pick berries. She wanted her picture taken on the tractor at the end of the trip.
 
We are located in Downeast Maine, close to Canada. Our tractor (Daisy) belonged to my father in law who bought it to help launch the boat we built. He also spent a week sleeping in the shed afterwards because he wan't supposed to buy it in the first place and was kicked out of the house.
He died in a motorcycle accident a couple of years ago and when my mother in law asked me what she should do with it, sell it or give it away I said that I would love to have her. She hadn't been used for at least 4 years maybe more and it took a little work to get her going (we launched our boat again this summer after 5 years on the hard) but I got her home this summer.
I love working on her and now that my son has figured out how a wrench works he is constantly walking around it tightening up things. This past summer we spent many evenings taking 'test rides' up and down the road but we have the most fun working her around the house, and making paths through the woods.
Sorry to go on but I know that all of you will understand. BTW, I read through all of the forums on this website and truly enjoy everything I read but I must say that there is definitely a higher level of sanity in this particular forum, many thanks.

Mark
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top