Silo for Saturday

db4600

IMG_6092.png
IMG_6091.png

Still in the Meeker County clay. A well kept yard back when we had -19 winter.

It almost looks like it has a door on it. Maybe for setting an elevator in to run bales up into the hay loft? Just a thought.
That’s a sound assumption. It’s a bit perplexing because we see the typical hay barn doors for carrier or conveyor on the west end in the alternate photo. Is it possible the door supplied an outside feed bunk at one time?

Looks like two different barns. First barn has a shingled roof second barn has a metal roof. Second barn has a over hang on the gable end over the hay door, first one doesn’t

Looks like two different barns. First barn has a shingled roof second barn has a metal roof. Second barn has a over hang on the gable end over the hay door, first one doesn’t
The two pictures are from only a slightly different angle. The barn in front of the silos in the first picture is on the far right of the second photo. So… yes, there are two different barns.

I would guess the dormer is a door for a bale elevator to get small square bales in been on the barn end of that operation a few times in my youth

I would guess the dormer is a door for a bale elevator to get small square bales in been on the barn end of that operation a few times in my youth
And if they don't have an inside elevator, you definitely got your exercise.

View attachment 4393View attachment 4394
Still in the Meeker County clay. A well kept yard back when we had -19 winter.
Winter scenes make for great photography but choring in those conditions wasn’t very pleasant! Silage frozen to the walls of the silo had you stripped down to your shirt sleeves and sweating pealing it off, then going down the dusty chute. After feeding you got to take your gloves off to work on getting the waterers thawed out. Made coffee time pretty special.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back